What We'll Bring:
Work with the Solutions and Fulfillment organizations to take new development requests through the Product Development Process. This role is responsible for the Execution of product strategies and objectives across multiple business units. This position will lead efforts to develop and launch new products, product line extensions and enhancements. Also included is assessment of market segments and providing recommendation for product strategies related to pricing, positioning, and promotions as well as analyzing product life cycles, revenue, and profitability is required.
Additionally, will be responsible for executing product development initiatives which may include research and analysis, leading product ideation sessions, leading small and mid-size development efforts and taking some ownership of the centralized product development process functions. Will provide general field support efforts aligned with individual product strategies and assist with monitoring department expenditures in line with budgetary plans. At this level, the incumbent displays independence, leadership, tact and persuasion, judgment in managing and executing complex and abstract assignments.What You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's degree required
- A Master's degree with a business related focus is preferred
- Recommended 4+ years of experience related to marketing, product management, or brand management.
- Prior experience in business information services supporting the insurance industry is recommended.
- Must have very strong oral and written communication skills and organizational ability to foster an effective process between client requirements and the outcomes and measures defined for each project effort.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings. Must have some experience functioning as a lead on various initiatives.
- With limited guidance from a senior product manager, begins to make product strategy recommendations to management. The Product Manager executes and implements product strategies/objectives across multiple business units. With assistance, may be asked to initiate industry and product research related to sales activities, customers, industry trends, etc. Through a variety of methodologies and/or perspectives, evaluates research results and recommends options to explore in new product development to management.
- Provides a general assessment of assigned product(s) related to revenue, profitability, pricing, product life cycle, distribution channels, positioning, and promotion strategy. Also, gathers and utilizes market research and competitive intelligence in the product of reports for product management. Completes research on potential business partners and prepares reports with information on financial position, competitive position, and partnership opportunities. Assesses strengths and weaknesses of the business partnerships. Makes recommendations to management whether or not to pursue business opportunities. Coordinates data analysis with external vendors and internal business units. Evaluates the results of the analysis and recommends to management options to explore in new product development.
- Manages projects associated with the development and product launch activities related to new products, product line extensions, and enhancements consistent with product portfolio strategies. Develops product launch plan and may also develop sales tools including internal training materials, presentations, features and benefits. Works with Account management to ensure product is effectively launched. Keeps management up to date on ROI. Will use multiple communications formats for keeping project team and the business unit up to date on development efforts if needed.
- Works with other business units on functional specifications. Provides field support aligned with individual product strategies. Handles complex issues that arise from the field business units. Conducts presentations on the product development and/or management process and projects, and represents the business unit at sales meetings, customer meetings, or cross-organizational internal meetings. Supports the core business unit processes with responsibility for completing all tasks associated with the product development process including documenting product concepts, leading compliance reviews, maintaining the concept database, stage-gate methodology, etc.
- Assists with planning cost for projects. Monitors actual expenses according to projections. Keeps department expenditures in line with budgetary plans. May be asked to handle data analysis with external vendors and internal business units. Evaluates the results of the analysis and recommends to senior management options to explore in new product development.
- Leads product development cross-functional team meetings beginning with concept initiation through product delivery. Establishes and manages the overall timeline for small and mid-size development efforts while participating on large development efforts. Facilitates the transition of completed development projects to the Product Management group. Recommends improvements to processes and measures based on experiences as necessary.
- Review complex business process to identify areas of improvement. Develop a level of understanding of processes and technology, enabling a cross-functional perspective on product/process opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Consultant, Product Management