Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
You will enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment automating workflows and streamlining processes where you can expand your learning and apply new technologies. You will be learning and be challenged with the interesting and complex Claim environment and you will be architecting and designing technical solutions while driving adoption of new technologies and design patterns. You will be part of a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers' digital transformation journey and working on systems that deliver and drive Travelers business value.
•\Are a passionate technology professional who enjoys solving complex puzzles
•\Pride yourself on being a quick learner
•\Are comfortable with ambiguity
•\Understand business challenges and can develop long-term, sustainable technical solutions
•\Have an Agile mindset and are value-focused and guided by the Lean-Agile principles
•\Have the desire to be a lifelong learner, enjoy sharing your knowledge by coaching others, and enable others to continuously improve through mentorship
•\Above all, measure your own success by the success of your team and the satisfaction you being to our customers
Travelers is a property casualty insurer with a rich history of innovation that spans three centuries and has yielded numerous "industry firsts." We issued the first insurance policies for automobiles, aircraft liability, accidents in space flight and lunar exploration, and identity fraud expense reimbursement, and we created the first predictive analytical model to help injured employees avoid chronic pain and opioid abuse. We are a leader in personal, business and specialty insurance and the only property casualty company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
At Travelers, our single biggest competitive advantage is our people. Every day, our employees move Travelers closer to achieving the vision of being the undeniable choice for the customer and an indispensable partner for our agents and brokers. We are a team driven to fulfilling our promise to take care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the power of 30,000 people. All working together to ensure that we're performing today and transforming for tomorrow.
- You will explore technology and design patterns that will enable us to maintain our competitive edge in the digital world
- You will be able to influence and set technical direction for our Agile Teams
- You will have the freedom to be open-minded, creative and self-critical
- You will design solutions for new and exciting capabilities that will enable our customers to be better connected and engaged with the claim process
- You will have the autonomy to explore new processes, especially in the spirit of Agile - do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don't work
- You will utilize your critical thinking skills to analyze challenges and organize the team around a solution
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture
- 3+ years of designing/implementing experience required including at least 2 years of Intelligent Automation (RPA) development/architecture experience
- 3+ years of experience designing/implementing .NET Core and .NET framework-based applications
- Ability to serve as a senior technologist and architectural advisor directly influencing the RPA Architectural direction of a large information technology organization via your strong technical leadership
- Ability to perform as a lead technologist to masterfully assess and design RPA solutions for varied business processes leveraging an extensive suite of applications and system interfaces
- Ability to influence and set technical direction for RPA solutions
- Skilled at contributing and communicating your expert knowledge of RPA solutions/environments to broad technical and/or non-technical audiences
- Ability to architect end-to-end RPA solutions across distributed and host environments
- Ability to influence teams to a future state while understanding the need to make practical decisions along the way. Strong ability to create a following amongst technical and non-technical groups
- Expert level knowledge in Architecting, Designing and Developing Automation Anywhere RPA solutions
- Significant experience with the following RPA and Automation Anywhere concepts/technologies:
- Object Cloning and WLM (queues)
- Design and development of reusable components/APIs (MetaBots/.NET DLLs/Mulesoft APIs)
- Accessing .NET DLLs and Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Orchestration/Work Distribution design patterns
- Experience with managing an Automation Anywhere environment
- General design and implementation proficiencies (.NET, C#, VB.NET, C++, Micro Services, HTML, PCF, OpenShift, AWS, MuleSoft, Visual Studio IDE, etc)
- Working knowledge with SQL, MongoDB or other database technologies
- Automation Anywhere and/or other RPA certifications are a plus
- Exposure to/knowledge of the Genesys Contact Center Platform, especially the Intelligent Workload Distribution (iWD) capability, is a plus
- Experience with Intelligent Capture solutions/platforms (Kofax, Amazon Textract, WorkFusion, Hyperscience, etc.) is a plus
- Agile framework/methodology experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is a plus
Ready to go where you've only imagined? Apply now and move your career to the next level with Travelers.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.