LEAD STRATEGIC PLANNING ANALYST, MARKET DEVELOPMENT
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire opportunity for a Lead Strategic Planning Analyst, Market Development. The position will be based in downtown Washington DC; and will support our customer, a leading health insurance customer who provides data management and digital solution provider to numerous national health insurance plans.
The ideal candidate will understand a competitive environment, will become a thought leader for emerging opportunities within a competitive space at the intersection of the healthcare, technology, and health payer industries, and will develop go to market strategies for our product portfolio. This position is located in Washington DC.
US Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residency is required for this position. Candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Gain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape. Analyze, manage and disseminate market and competitive intelligence as appropriate.
- Interact with the Product Management teams to understand respective product’s capabilities, benefits, and future roadmap for current product suite
- Develop inventory of capabilities, attributes, and specifications across the product suite
- Leverage internal and external resources to keep up to date with the latest technology trend
- Identify existing and new/emerging product growth opportunities. Leverage internal and external data to quantify the addressable and serviceable market. Conduct opportunity assessments.
- Develop and present business cases and go to market strategies for investment authorization.
- For new opportunities, develop and transition high level requirements, product descriptions and product roadmaps to Product organization. Assist the Product organization with product development.
- Develop value proposition for respective product lines, leveraging that proposition in collateral and other-related content
- Manage the promotion tactics and deliverables for product launches
- Collaborate with communications team to develop premium content, including webinars, white papers, and technical assessments, to bolster awareness and adoption of the product
- Create educational content for Technical Advisory and other audiences for product-related topics, distributed through training sessions or other communication vehicles
- Become a thought leader for the respective product set and related technologies
- Ensure consistent communication with key internal stakeholders
- Influence change in other areas of the business to drive growth in product lines
- 5+ years’ experience in the health payer industry with an expert understanding of claims adjudication business processes and technologies
- 8+ years’ experience in a product marketing position with demonstrated proficiency in conducting competitive and market analysis and developing go to market strategies
- Bachelors required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales and product management leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, and problem solving
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience working with industry research firms like Gartner, Forrester, IDC and 451 Research
- Familiarity with the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program is helpful
Rate Range: $80/hr. Range W2 hourly. Benefits available
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via email@example.com