CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day. Department:
AH21B Maintenance& Engineering, Exempt Function:
Engineering and Engineering Services Job Summary:
The Rotating Equipment Engineer provides engineering/technical expertise in order to maintain continuous plant operations and high efficiency. This position serves as the technical authority for rotating equipment, covering daily plant needs as well as program & project responsibilities. The Rotating Equipment Engineer is responsible for tracking and reporting of machinery reliability statistics, and implementing solutions to continuously improve reliability and reduce maintenance cost. This position supports plant safety and mechanical integrity through development of procedures and predictive/preventative maintenance plans. Job Description:
1. Serves as site subject matter expert for rotating equipment
2. Leads efforts to ensure site machinery practices & documentation are in compliance with PSM Mechanical Integrity standard
3. Upgrade professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publication; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
4. Supervises reliability technicians responsible for equipment condition monitoring onsite, including vibration analysis, oil sampling and analysis, thermography, and ultrasonic inspection techniques
5. Supports reliability technicians with analysis of data gathered during condition monitoring rounds, and issues recommendations based on this information
6. Works with site maintenance team to ensure machinery repairs are performed according to specifications and properly documented
7. Develops & updates maintenance procedures for critical tasks related to rotating equipment
8. Coordinate site Rotating Equipment Safety and Reliability Audits. Ensure adherence to environmental regulations.
9. Leads troubleshooting efforts related to rotating equipment issues onsite
10. Conducts failure analyses & reports on findings to avoid recurrence
11. Tracks and reports MTBR for site rotating equipment and develops plans to increase MTBR and reduce maintenance cost
12. Provides technical support for emergency machinery work off-hours as needed
13. Serves as site representative on corporate best practice team for rotating equipment
14. Manages projects for upgrade or replacement of site machinery and auxiliary equipment
15. Assists in the specification and review of new rotating equipment prior to purchase and recommends proper selections including spare parts lists
16. Acts as the mechanical acceptance specialist on newly installed rotating equipment to assure proper installation and that the equipment will be mechanically reliable
17. Designs and implements predictive & preventive maintenance programs for all critical machinery
18. Updates and maintains a lubrication manual containing lubricant specifications and lubricating instructions for all plant machinery
19. Assists the maintenance department with planning of site turnarounds, shutdowns, and special projects. Provides input with regards to schedule, development of job lists, ordering of parts and materials, sequencing of jobs around a critical path, and sizing of work crews based on job estimation
20. Train engineers, operators and technicians for better understanding and appreciation of system reliability and proper use of Rotating Equipment.
21. Performs reviews of inventory spare parts and submits recommendations for inventory adjustments
22. Effectively communicates reliability concerns to management and other affected personnel
23. Lead the preparation of technical specifications of rotating equipment and materials and ensure adherence to the design, standards and requirements, plant operability and performance.
24. Oversee the development of basic design, detailed engineering and procurement- related activities of Rotating Equipment such as pumps, compressors, blowers and turbines.
25. Identify spare part requirements for rotating equipment, employing risk-based maintenance tool and other similar systemsSuccessful incumbents will have:
1. Bachelor Degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years of rotating equipment engineering experience in a chemical plant or refinery.
2. Understanding of plant process and equipment used in the manufacture of anhydrous ammonia and urea fertilizers is preferred.
3. Specific knowledge of rotating and reciprocating machinery best practices, failure analysis and troubleshooting, vibration analyses, oil sampling, ultrasonic examination techniques, precision alignment, dynamic balancing, baseplate grouting procedures
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills
5. Previous supervisory experience preferred
6. Proficiency in basic computer software such as Microsoft Outlook; Avantis or other CMMS
7. Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State)
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please callor contact us at . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK