Economic Systems Inc. (EconSys), an Equal Opportunity Employer now accepting applications for a mid-to-senior level Software Developer to join our team in Falls Church, Virginia. EconSys solves difficult issues and creates useful programs to help government organizations approach problems and decision-making more quantitatively for 30 years. Our products and services are used by over 100 Federal agencies.
- Translate business requirements into well-designed, maintainable software solutions.
- Write well-designed, well-tested, readable software, employing software development best-practices
- Design and implement user interfaces using common patterns and libraries in HTML / CSS
- Resolve ambiguities and impute details in business requirements when implementing software for non-technical clients and partners
- Provide options and recommendations for software features and system enhancements
- Support, refactor, and optimize existing applications for performance, stability, and new features
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of the production application stacks
- Provide mentorship and direction to other team members as a development, project manager, and task leader
- Support general business operations with technical expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science-related discipline with a minimum of 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong software development background and understanding of common solution patterns and frameworks
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing Ruby on Rails, Python Django, or similar applications
- Experience developing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision while prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Strong collaborative skills in a team environment to find improvements and solutions
- Strong technical communication skills to effectively convey issues with other team members and clients
- Master’s degree in a computer science-related discipline with a minimum of 4 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with software development and deployment on Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with backend software, preferably Apache, PostgreSQL, and Docker
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of the following: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Linux administration, particularly with Ubuntu and Red Hat is a plus.
- Ability to write tests using Rspec or a similar testing framework
Compensation: Includes competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, 401K matching, life insurance, health, vision, and dental benefits. Eligible to telecommute up to one day per week. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.