Ruby Full Stack Developer
CoStar's Ruby Full-Stack Software Developers are responsible for architecting and building applications and platforms that operate on terabytes of data and scale to support the internal processes of our Company and process over a Billion dollars of revenue per year.
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available products and platforms.
- Build: Build solutions that operate on massive amounts of data in high transaction volume applications.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality.
- Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely to DevOps to resolve operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
- Collaborate: Work on an elite and passionate team to create software that moves our business forward.
Are you up for the challenge?
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred)
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products and/or platforms that leverage terabytes of data and scale to meet the needs of millions of users
- 5+ years of deep (very deep) development with Ruby
- 5+ years of relational database design, T-SQL programming and performance tuning experience
- 2+ years of experience working with client-side frameworks - Angular (preferred) or React
- Experience with Docker, AWS managed services, and Service Oriented Architecture a plus
- Deliver work products that meet specifications, are defect free and performant
- Experienced in application performance, unit, and automation testing
- Facilitate discussions among other developers to exchange ideas and introduce new technologies. Ability to build consensus among other technologist
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
- Market-leading compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits with a choice of two plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability benefits
- A rich 401(k) plan
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing