Ruby Full Stack Engineer
Apartments.com is the leading online apartment rental listing website, offering property, commuter, and neighborhood information for more than 1,000,000 available units nationwide. A CoStar Group subsidiary, the Apartments.com network includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, Cozy.co, ApartmentFinder.com, Apartamentos.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com, CorporateHousing.com and WestsideRentals.com. Reaching millions of renters worldwide, enabling both qualified traffic and highly engaged renters, Apartments.com is the fastest growing site within the residential rental industry.
As a CoStar Ruby Developer, you will be responsible for building applications and platforms that move over billions of dollars of rent payments. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available products and platforms.
- Build: Build solutions that empower critical rental transactions and help to process billions of dollars of rental payments.
- Test: Work to ensure excellent automated test coverage on all code you deliver to ensure the software we create is of the highest quality.
- Launch: Assist with deployments and work with DevOps to troubleshoot operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
- Collaborate: Work on an elite and passionate team to create software that moves our business forward.
Are you up for the challenge? QUALIFICATIONS
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
- 4+ years of production development with Ruby
- 4+ years of experience working with client-side frameworks
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred)
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products and/or platforms
- Experience with Docker, AWS managed services, and Service Oriented Architecture a plus
- Deliver work products that meet specifications, are defect free and performant
- Experienced with tuning application performance, as well as writing unit and integration automated tests
- Facilitate discussions among other developers to exchange ideas and introduce new technologies. Ability to build consensus among other technologist
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
- Experience with RabbitMQ / AMQP, PostgreSQL
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide. WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.Please note
CoStar Group seeks information for job applications from candidates in the U.S. through only the following channels:
- The CoStar Group website and RecruitiFi.
- Via email to/from addresses using only the CoStar domain of "@Costar.com."
- Screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams or Zoom platforms.
Be aware that:
- CoStar does not use Wire, Google Hangouts, or any other platform for any recruitment-related activities.
- Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with CoStar via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain.
- CoStar will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company.
If you have any questions about CoStar Group and the application process, please contact us at email@example.com .
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing