Sr Software Engineer Evangelist - Ruby on Rails, Elixir/Phoenix
Join a growing and innovative company Ruby on Rails, Elixir in production
CALLS WELCOME - Contact: Joyce Schiffer 203-241-2655 Joyce@OndawaGroup.com
Sr Software Engineer will develop operations solutions by guiding development of program specifications, overseeing testing efforts, role building modern api-driven web and mobile systems.
Build apis and web-apps using Ruby on Rails and Elixir that handle complex data models and state efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related, required. Master s Degree, Preferred in CS or Information Technology or related
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in a TDD environment and a preference for strong testing.
- Technically strong in and enthusiastic about backend systems and solid software architecture.
- Experience with Rspec/Minitest/Cucumber.
- Sees things from a user's point of view, and figure out the best system flow to implement requirements.
- Has deep experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Interested in and has some experience with Elixir/Phoenix.
- Willingness to grow your experience and involvement in Elixir/OTP based services.
- Solid experience with automated build tools for continuous delivery (like Jenkins, TeamCity etc).
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Understands how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Has Basic Linux/Unix CLI knowledge.
- Working source code control (git) knowledge
- Ability to debug and consider performance and memory leak issues.
- Debugging/profiling at the C/C++ level to analyze memory leak and performance issues
- Experience with AWS
- Able to reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into solid API designs.
- Good understanding of common architectural messaging/api patterns and pitfalls.
- Coffeescript experience is a plus (although we are removing it from our system).
- Knowledge of other languages is a huge plus
- We have a single PHP system that we are sunsetting working on moving away from that is our only PHP-related project.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Build apis and web-apps using Ruby on Rails and Elixir that handle complex data models and state efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity.
- Own responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Aptly manages team demands on his/her time and shows willingness/ability to delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
- Act as a liaison or primary point of contact for communicating with client side technical expertise.
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team.
- Attends to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Demonstrates interest in improving the company s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Provides thought-leadership as it relates to emerging technologies