Apex is seeking a skilled Ruby on Rails development contractor. Candidate will be skilled in Ruby on Rails development and possess extensive solution development knowledge with the ability to work on a defined set of business systems. The goal is to reduce a backlog of enhancements for several existing applications related to nuclear waste and radiological safety. This engagement will backfill and free up other resources to work on other critical projects.
- Conduct group discussions with key players.
- Work with the product teams to help determine requirements and understand the design of each product.
- Refactor, build, and test each product.
- Design, build, and test any integrations for each product.
- Complete all required training.
Work would begin 8/16/2021 through 9/30/2022 with possible extension.Task and Time Reporting
The project managers measure work performed by the contractor on a task basis. The tasks typically represent 20 to 80 hours of effort with performance being measured at the completion of each of the assigned tasks. Hours will be recorded on a bi-weekly time sheet; progress against planned tasks will be reported weekly. Qualifications:
- Considerable knowledge of web application development with at least 3 years of solid recent experience with Ruby on Rails version 4 or higher.
- Considerable experience with relational database management systems (Oracle and SQL Server).
- Considerable experience developing web applications using LAMP stack.
- Experience with BIRT is desirable.
- Experience with PHP is desirable.
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
- Proven skills in web user interface design.
- Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of a small technical team.
- Able to effectively interact with user organizations to derive system requirements and design solutions.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com