US Tech Solutions is seeking a "Ruby on Rails Developer" for a 6+ Months Contract (with possible extension) position with a client in Austin, TX.
Job title: Ruby on Rails Developer
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 6+ Months contract
We are seeking a passionate and talented Software Engineer who has a good grasp on Ruby on Rails. Using their skills, they will help us continue building out our APIs and services, aimed at aiding the over 30 million uninsured patients at the pharmacy counter. The ideal candidate would be someone with a thorough background in CS fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, and design patterns. They would be well versed in the challenges and complexities involved in building scalable and robust applications. Most importantly, they would thrive in a fast paced & collaborative culture, helping to grow a pharmacy startup.
Required Technical Skills and experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
- Proficiency working with Ruby on Rails specifically for APIs
- Have spent at least 2 years building web services used by production applications.
- Good understanding of designing and implementing REST APIs
- Comfortable stepping into the Unix CLI to perform maintain utility functions.
- Past experience shipping tested code with functional, unit, and integration tests
- Experience working with RDBs for at least 2 years, specifically Postgres or MySQL
- Have worked in an Agile environment, and are familiar with SCRUM and/or Kanban
- Expert understanding of Git, not afraid to cherry pick or squash commits
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment where team members fill many roles
- Have participated in code review process, giving constructive feedback to peers
You get Bonus Points if...
- you are proficient with Node.js and ES6 as well
- you have worked with AWS environments
- you have experience setting up and using Docker containers
- you know how to set-up/maintain CI/CD pipelines
- you are familiar with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- you are comfortable with pair programming
- you have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
You're a Good Cultural Fit if...
- you are comfortable being self-directed and taking ownership of work
- the sound of a ping pong table makes you code better
- you find Nerf projectiles a viable solution to some minor disagreements
- you like to level up your skills and knowledge, and are constantly learning
- a collaborative team environment is where you thrive
Get excited! Here is some of the current tech we are using.
- Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL & MySQL.