POSITION: RUBY ON RAILS SOFTWARE ENGINEER – LOCAL ONLY!
LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
TYPE: DIRECT HIRE – LOCAL ONLY – NO SPONSORSHIP!
Position will be remote until a safe return to the office is guaranteed
Our direct Atlanta client is a software development company looking to grow their Ruby on Rails team. This is a great opportunity to work at a stable, growing company in the healthcare industry.
The Software Engineer’s primary function will be to design, development, maintenance, and support.
- Be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of custom web-based applications which includes the development and modification of frontend and backend code
- Collaborate with project teams on design specifications and system requirements
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails frameworks required! Minimum 3 years!
- Experience with version control software (Git, GitHub), Restful API implementations
- Experience configuring and managing AWS environments
- Experience building serverless applications
- Experience building and working in a mostly automated CI/CD pipeline
- Strong understanding of software design patterns.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and release process
- Capable of delivering on customer-oriented priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Two years of software development experience required
Nice to Have(s):
- Terraform / Cloud Formation / AWS CDK or other Infrastructure as Code
- Familiarity with cloud-based monitoring tools such as New Relic, Sentry or other
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (PostgreSQL preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases (especially DynamoDB or similar Document Stores)
Entelli Consulting / Jan 2021