Our client, a family owned company is experiencing phenomenal growth and currently searching for an experience VAI ERP manager.
As ERP Systems Manager you will be expected to possess solid knowledge and experience using ERP solutions for retail environments, responsible for providing the vision and leadership for the implementation, and support of the company’s new ERP system, VAI S2K software, that will support the operations of the following: retail, order entry and processing, accounting, purchasing, inventory, and manufacturing. The initial focus will be transitioning from our current IBM AS400 legacy system to VAI S2K ERP software. Ensuring all VAI ERP components are fully leveraged and used to their best potential. This is a highly visible and senior role within the new DevOps organization.
Essential Functions/Major Duties:
- Lead functional work teams for the design, development and set up of the VAI S2K ERP throughout configuration, implementation, testing, monitoring, and Go Live. Configure and customize the VAI S2K to achieve business requirements.
- Develop requirements for workflow processes for internal software platform using best practices from continuous improvement methodologies. Research, recommend, and implements strategies and/or hardware/ERP software enhancements to increase employee productivity by studying organization goals, strategies.
- Lead ERP application development, support, and functional work teams for Operations, Warehouse, Order Entry, Customer Service, Purchasing, Accounting, Manufacturing, and other business units to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Provide proficient knowledge and capabilities in the VAI suite, including the functional configuration, business processes, and technical architecture.
- Facilitate the end-user(s) decision-making process and develop functional design documents that will drive the development process
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of long- and short-term strategic plans for VAI S2K ERP software that aligns with our strategic priorities, business needs, with accurate results.
- Ensures effective and efficient implementation and functioning of the VAI S2K ERP software.
- Manages the development of the integration of systems and interfaces to and from outside partners and vendors.
- Performs the planning, designing, configuring, program development and implementing new or improved functionality within VAI S2K software - includes managing custom fields, forms, records, workflows, searching and reporting, and user roles to support business requirements. This includes program development, system testing, guide user acceptance testing (UAT), support user adoption, training, and go-live activities
- Assist with the data import process, data cleanup, and data migration forms/templates.
Desired Education / Skills / Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Finance, Operations, Computer Science or related field preferred, will consider equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with ERP administration, configuration, and development in complex business environments; implementation experience required. Strong RPG coding experience is a requirement.
- Systems development life cycle, SDLC, knowledge with hands-on experience utilizing structured development methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using the VAI S2K software, required.
- 1+ successful full-cycle VAI or equivalent ERP implementation.
- Experience working in a retail/mail order distribution environment.
- Administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, custom objects, workflows, reports, and dashboards.
- Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic.
- Ability to translate and communicate business requirements into functional and technical requirements.
- Ability to act as the liaison between technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A drive to learn and continuously improve.