SA007 Data Center Operations Manager / NASA
Are you a seasoned computer engineer looking to upgrade? I have just the position for you. This is your chance and to work at one of the leading science and engineering agencies in the world.
The Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC), a part of the Heliophysics Science Division at NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, needs a computer engineer to manage data center operations and IT infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for the CCMC data center, leading short and long term IT planning of procurement and maintenance activities and for developing and executing project level policies and procedures for resource administration and utilization. The candidate will also be responsible for day-to-day management of CCMC data center resources, providing oversight of the system administration staff, reporting data center status to CCMC management, ensuring that NASA IT security policies are implemented, and coordinating with facilities staff and Division management with regard to outages and other service disruptions.
The successful candidate must be a US citizen, have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and both verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be adept at prioritizing multiple issues in a high pressure environment with a background in computer engineering, needs to be able to understand complex architectures, and be comfortable working with multiple teams. The candidate must work well within an interactive team while demonstrating self-initiative to achieve project goals within the NASA IT framework.
- Broad programming skills to support analysis efforts in multiple programming environments. This must include proficiency with one or more programming languages (C++, C, Fortran, Java, etc.) and one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL programming, relational database structures and query techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving ability
- Experience managing both Linux and Mac computer systems
- Must be a US citizen