International non-profit foundation client of ours in Midtown Manhattan is in need of a Senior Project Manager for a fulltime role.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of IT projects encompassing a wide variety of business units, programs and external vendors.
This individual works independently with customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans, and is responsible for establishing project management methods to manage project roles, managing the budget, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define project deliverables, and provide customer satisfaction and reporting structures to ensure project goals are met.
This individual also identifies the technical approach to be used on a given project and manages the timeline for the software development or integration process.
In this position, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for understanding the overall IT vision, and influencing design decisions that bring improvements to the overall IT ecosystem.
The Senior Project Manager builds effective communications and relationships between customers and project team and ensures that these are maintained throughout the lifecycle of the project. This work is carried out with minimal supervision
Education/Experience: Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university and minimum of five to seven years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing staff and project teams.
- Experience in managing complex implementations.
- Experience with issue management and resolution.
- Experience managing a portfolio of global projects
- Experience with managing a department s global budget
- Experience in an information technology or senior business analyst capacity.
- MUST HAVE Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, Adaptive Planning, Workday and or relevant comparable cloud tools.
- Experience in managing vendors both on and off shore.
- Experience in nonprofit or foundation sectors.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, managing projects through to completion, on time and within budget.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with internet research and database management.
- Exercise good listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences.
- Effectively work as a team member and independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, with experience in projects involving both agile and waterfall approaches.
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues and the general public.
- In return for your ability to manage projects around Salesforce.com and other XaaS technologies, my client offers you the chance to work with the premier human rights global foundations.
- In addition to contributing to an outstanding organization, the benefits package is 2nd to none with 100% paid for medical benefits for you and your family, 45+ PTO days, free catered lunch, retirement savings of 10% of your salary contributed, and other outstanding perks.