Please note this is a 6 month contract position.
Join a team of coaches to train new team members on a new ART being stood up and/or train Agile Team members on 3 existing ARTS. The Agile Coach will be working with 7-10 teams aspiring to align to SAFe and a program layer (Release Train Engineer, System Architect, Release Train Engineer) to train them in their roles, coach agile best practices and prepare for program events such as PI Planning, System Demos and Inspect & Adapt. Additionally the coach will be partnering with the transformation team to guide on the SAFe implementation roadmap.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work directly with agile delivery teams mentoring and coaching them to self-sustaining, high performance attributes.
• Teach SAFe for Teams, SAFe Product Owner & SAFe Scrum Master
• Establish and uphold agile software development values and principles including collaboration, team self-organization, continuous improvement and flexibility to adapt to emerging business needs
• Provides role specific coaching for the Dev Team, Scrum Master, and Product Owner role
• The candidate must be able to coach the SAFe Framework PI Planning for the entire Agile Release Train (~100 people) and be responsible for working with Program and Product Managers to achieve the overall business objectives for the program increment.
• Coach and mentor program level roles including the Release Train Engineer, Product Manager and System Architect
• Coach internal SPC employees to improve on their overall capabilities to coach teams and lead the transformation
• Meet weekly with the Agile Transformation Team to provide guidance on transformational activities for SAFe Implementation
• Attend LACE meetings and SPC community of practice to share best practices across the organization.
• Influence implementation of a DevOps roadmap
• Identify and champion initiatives to remove organizational impediments
• Guides cadence and synchronization at the Team Level to improve effectiveness of progress towards the iteration goals in daily stand-up meetings and the ability to demonstrate a working system at the end of the iteration.
• Build a collaborative, trusting and safe environment where open communication helps to bring issues to the surface for faster failure and learning
• Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them progress
• Influence without authority, through understanding, intuition, flexibility and reading situations
• Push boundaries and be fearless in experimentation to evoke meaningful change
• Manage, organize and drive larger programs involving multiple teams working together
• Comfortable switching between various hats as required e.g. coach, mentor, scrum master, program manager, trainer and content creator
• SPC (SAFe Program Consultant) 5.0 certification is required
• Excellent facilitation skills, able to help a group of people get from point A to point B without being an expert in the subject
• 5-7 years’ experience applying Agile practices and principles including SAFe, Scrum and/or Kanban including demonstrated ability to inspect and adapt Agile practices to various situations.
• 3-5 years’ experience completing a transformation program with organization of over 2,000 members.
• 3-5 years in Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Role
• 2-3 implementing DevOps and teaching DevOps classes (highly preferred)
• Advanced experience using Rally is a plus
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
• Preferred experience working with and understanding both business and IT
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Hands on experience working agile teams and coaching on safe best practices
• Ability to coach AND provide transformation guidance
• Excellent collaboration and team building skills
• Possesses a high degree of initiative
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
Applicants must provide their phone number. Job reference number A1076.