We are looking for an SAP ABAP Developer for a full time permanent position with our client in Staten Island, NY.
Please review job details below and send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com. No 3rd party candidates. Our client is not able to transfer visas or provide sponsorship for this position. Must be able to interview onsite and work onsite.The SAP ABAP Developer (SAP Retail) will participate in the design, realization, and cutover to a new SAP Retail solution. SAP ABAP Developer will play a key role in providing custom development objects that may span a broad range of SAP system solutions and is expected to provide technical and subject matter expertise. As a SAP ABAP Developer, you will be responsible for working closely with ERP Project and IT team members to understand, analyze and articulate complex business requirements and the subsequent analysis, technical specifications, and development of quality WRICEF objects that are aligned with the business objectives and IT strategies in accordance with the organizations standards. You will perform technical design, development, enhancement and maintenance of WRICEF (workflow, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms) Objects for the SAP ERP and CRM Project.JOB DESCRIPTIONSAP ABAP Technical Development
SAP ERP Project
- Demonstrated experience with ABAP programming in S/4 HANA for IS Retail with knowledge of the updated table structures.
- Strong ABAP skills with both custom development, customizations to existing processes, including use of IDOCs, ALE/EDI, RFC-enabled function modules, BAPI, OOP, BADI, ALV, LSMW, ABAP Workbench, Data Dictionary, Reports BDC and SAP Scripts.
- Must have worked on all aspects of ABAP(WRICEF) enhancements, ALV, SAP scripts, forms SAP development tools and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of OO paradigm, experience designing database and transactional processes
- Strong debugging skills in ABAP and strong trouble-shooting skills
- Translates functional specifications, create ABAP designs technical specifications for all custom development, taking into consideration performance requirements, impact to existing solutions, and long term sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience with SAP CAR, SAP PMR, or POS DTA is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing with microservices, API, SFTP
- Demonstrated experience with SAP Enterprise Services implementation
- Knowledge of integration points from FICO, SD, MM modules
- Proficient in UI5 development big plus ABAP for S/4HANA
- Based on business requirements be able to identifiy gaps in standard SAP, propose and code appropriate user exits.
- Review work activities for completeness and technical accuracy
- Work with business users to analyzes production issues as necessary, determine root cause of the issue and take necessary course of action for resolution.
- High transaction volume and e-Commerce environments highly desired
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Full life cycle development experience from design through implementation and production support
- Responsible for achieving objectives and deliverables for their area within the project plan
- Ensures deliverables are met on time and adhere to project standards and quality
- Provides process knowledge as input to business process designs
- Attends workshops as needed and participates actively
- Actively participates in development scoping activities
- Assists in creation of Testing Script Creation and Execution for all cycles including UAT and defect resolution
- Contributes to achievement of team performance and quality standards as defined by service level agreements.
- Understands all data system integrations from SAP to various sytems including Point of Sale and Scale Management
- Assist in development and execution of user training
- Masters (MS) or Bachelors (BS) in computer science, Software Engineering, Technology Management or related field
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in ABAP development
- Minimum of 2 full lifecycle SAP ECC implementations required
- Retail or Grocery experience a big plus.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Experience working in a fast changing retail environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self- motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in team environments
- Experience delivering Proof of Concepts
- Knowledge of all phase of SDLC and full lifecycle implementations