SAP Database Administrator
Houston, TX 7
12+ Months Contract
The HM is looking for a HANA DBA. HANA Database support, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Must have HANA database experience
Actual Job Title: HANA Database Administrator
This position is part of the Enterprise Database Platforms team which is within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department. The purpose of this position is to design, implement and support the HANA database platform primarily with secondary focus on other RDBMS platforms.
- Responsible for developing technology frameworks and standard architectures that enable the design, implementation, operation and support of information technology systems and infrastructure, and that provide functional environments for technology prototyping, development, integrated testing, training, and production.
- Responsible for managing technology lifecycle programs that ensure consistent and reliable systems and infrastructure performance, and that are in alignment with Information Technology strategies and goals and in compliance with technology partner release schedules and support models.
- Consults with technology partners to understand the potential impacts of roadmaps and future landscapes, and contributes to Information Technology strategy development and planning.
- Solicits technical and analytical advice internal and external to Information Technology, and serves as a resource for technology analysis within Information Technology.
- Responsible for ensuring that activities, individual, peer, and client, are conducted in compliance with Enterprise and Information Technology policies, guidelines, procedures, work processes, and internal controls, and in alignment with Enterprise and Information Technology missions, goals, and strategies.
- Responsible for actively participating with management and peers in the mentoring and development of less experienced individuals.
- This position requires either a degreed professional who possesses a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering with a minimum of six years relevant experience
- Certified SAP HANA Technology Associate
- The individual must demonstrate strong technical expertise and knowledge in each of the following technology disciplines:
- Installation and Administration of RDMBS platform (both OLTP and OLAP) with databases of more than 2 TB on SAP HANA 1.0/2.0 and knowledge of other RDBMS will be a plus.
- Experience in designing and implementing complex (ie. 3-tier) DB environments for High Availability and Disaster Recovery using SAP HANA Scale-out systems and HANA System Replication.
- Specialization in supporting large Database's on SAP platform for ECC, BW, APO, etc. This includes expertise in SAP HANA Administration on Scale-up/Scale-out landscapes that incorporate Data Tiering features like Extension nodes, Dynamic Tiering and Near Line Storage (NLS)
- Proficient in performing SAP Database refresh activities from PROD to Non Prod for the parallel landscape build and new SAP Landscape build
- Coming up with custom-tailored backup/restore plans for production servers using EMC DDboost and native HANA backups.
- Expertise in troubleshooting performance issues, fine-tuning queries, capacity planning, and database security
- Ability to develop and maintain scripts for every scenario of Database Administration
- Extensive experience in migration and conversion of data to/from various data sources. Skilled to handle Windows Powershell, Unix Python scripts, Cron Jobs and various programming languages
- Experience of handling the Data virtualization tools like HANA Smart Data Access (SDA)/ Smart Data Integration (SDI) tools
- Extensive experience in working on tools like HANA Studio, Microsoft SCOM, HANA hdbsql, HANA DBACockpit, SAP Solution Manager for monitoring.
- Extensive experience in working with SAP Support and third party vendors.
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and team skills
For immediate consideration, kindly send a copy of your updated resume with contact number ASAP or Please feel free to reach out Divakar Kanduri at 832-485-1516 in case if you have any questions.
ObjectWin Technology, Inc. is a rapidly growing Twenty year old Houston, TX headquartered corporation and specialized solution provider in the ERP, CRM, Web technologies and Systems Integration areas. We take great pride in hiring and retaining the highest caliber of technical talent. ObjectWin is expanding rapidly and we have been selected as 2009 Deloitte Technology Fast50 Texas company. We are looking for talented individuals with drive to carry us into the next phase of growth and beyond.
Note: ObjectWin Technology, Inc. is an Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.