SAP FICO BSA needed for a direct placement opportunity with our client in Torrance, CA.
This position will have overall responsibility for supporting business end users within the Finance and Costing area (SAP FICO). The Business Systems Applications Analyst will work closely with various stakeholders including business users and consultants and is responsible for systems support and improvement initiatives throughout the systems development life cycle which will include facilitating the gathering of business requirements, supporting testing and implementation of various technology initiatives.
Strategic - Planning and Architecture
Functional Organization Support and Coordination
- Develops timelines for initiatives in Supply Chain, Finance and Costing regarding system functionality according to prioritization of Business User Groups.
- Analyzes and determines internal manufacturing and finance business/system requirements and 3rd party vendor capabilities as input to project planning.
- Performs data flow modeling, workflow analysis and functional analysis to support and identify Finance business requirements.
- Creates project plans, risk logs, issues log and project status reports.
- Develops and revises process maps, user stories, user flows and acceptance tests as input to system implementations and upgrades.
Team & Project Leadership/ Management
- Works closely with necessary stakeholders and Business Subject Matter Experts to develop, implement and test Finance and Costing system functionality and impacts on other modules.
- Interacts with upper management (e.g. directors and hiring managers) as Systems Administrator for all Finance and Costing applications to identify appropriate security and access functional requirements (e.g. for new hires and role changes) and ensure they are met and maintained.
- Coordinates with management to facilitate the hardware/software procurement process for all FICO (SAP) applications.
- Meets regularly with IT Director and the Finance VP, and Finance Controller to prioritize deliverables and deliver status updates.
- Leads and supports cross-functional project teams through the project lifecycle of both Finance and Costing improvement and reengineering initiatives including design, development/configuration, testing and deployment.
- Leads Finance and Costing change management and incident activities to ensure business objectives are met.
- Manages multiple projects to meet business deadlines.
- Develops business and systems specifications.
- Participates in defining detailed user requirements.
- Contributes to developing detailed functional specifications.
- Contributes to developing detailed program design specifications.
- Participates in process reengineering and streamlining processes, including identifying opportunities to leverage system capabilities to create more efficient processes.
- Organizes and reviews all testing activities.
- Participates in executing unit/string/system tests.
- Manages project deployment efforts.
Training and Support
- Manages the preparation of systems/operations documentation.
- Participates in developing user documentation.
- Provides user training, hand off and support of all Finance and Costing functions (e.g. AP, AR, etc.).
- Evaluates, selects and supervises Application Solution Providers and outsourced implementation and/or support resources.
- Communicates business requirements to Application Solutions Providers.
- Coordinates with various 3rd party vendors on system capabilities and implementation.
- Executes hardware/software procurement, licensing agreements and support contract renewals.
Highly Desired Experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Technology and/or business-related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with SAP systems roll-outs, business process re-engineering and providing on-going SAP systems support required
- Strong SAP Finance (FI) and Costing (CO) skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully evaluate, select and supervise Application Solution Providers and outsourced implementation and/or support resources
- Experience in Consumer Products industry selling through major retailing chains (Food and Beverage industry preferred)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business principles and processes
- Strong process driven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Hyland Software - OnBase document management and workflow for procure to pay activities (Invoicing and Purchase requisition and order)
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC)
- MS Visio, and MS Project
- ITIL 2.0 or 3.0 with Change Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading and supporting project teams through the project lifecycle methodology
- Ability to work with cross functional teams on multiple initiatives while maintaining a high degree of quality deliverables within each initiative
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational change management and relationship management with stakeholders
- Experience leading and supporting Finance process improvement and reengineering initiatives
- Motivational and dynamic leader as well as self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to effectively lead in privately owned / family environment ensuring alignment with stated Core Values and business strategy. Critical, analytical thinker with a proven ability to create, convey and successfully deploy IT strategies, particularly to technology-challenged colleagues
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact both inside and outside the organization
- Committed to continuous improvement in a dynamic industry
- Flexible and willing to handle an ever-changing work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to demonstrate business knowledge
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of personnel