Role: SAP Financial Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Job Type: Permanent
This position straddles IT and Accounting Departments and supports Hallstar’s Financial Systems including SAP S/4 (FICO), SAP B1, and SAP Analytics Cloud applications. Responsible for maintaining, designing, building, and deploying SAP-based ERP solutions; leading analysis and design in the SAP FICO area, often in close cooperation with the accounting and finance teams; liaising with end-users to develop dashboards and KPI’s in SAP analytics cloud; ensuring stabilization of the solution and continuous improvements.
- Understand Hallstar’s systems and business requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate user needs and requirements into SAP solutions.
- Process and functional/technical design activity.
- Analysis of AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Support and train Hallstar’s global accounting functions on finance system applications.
- Enhance SAP finance applications for end-users based on requirements.
- Analyze complex data requests to support Hallstar’s goals and strategy.
- Improve existing analytics processes, dashboards, and data trends that highlight opportunities and risks to the business.
- Coordinate with IT when incidents impacting SAP are raised.
- Manage the relationship with and coordination of work with third-party consultants.
- Drive test planning, execution break-fix and problem management delivery.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reading professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Serve as a key member on M&A integration projections.
Accounting Finance Support
- Support Accounting’s cadence of one-day monthly close and shortened year-end close processes, while continually improving and streamlining analytic information flow and timeliness.
- Work alongside Cost Accounting to ensure routings, BOMs, recipes, and overhead rates are accurate
- Execute LSMW in SAP
- Develop product cost and production cost analytic tools that utilize elements of SAP, MES (Manufacturing Execution System), Delta V, and the Quality Control components for SAP.
- Work with Cost Accounting to develop timely and accurate product cost information to facilitate profitable business decisions.
- Support the global Accounting departments as needed.
- Liaise between Operations Management, Engineering and Accounting to analyze and support strong cost accounting and capital project analysis functions.
- Extract financial information from SAP to support the external audit.
SAP Cloud Analytics
- Manage security settings in SAP Analytics Cloud and HANA Database.
- Perform hands-on SAP HANA modeling and analytics.
- Develop visualization stories for business metrics and KPIs
- Help harmonize master data and build data models (in HANA or other relational databases)
- Perform requirement gathering for model, story, and dashboard development.
- Make changes as needed on existing SAP Analytics Cloud visualization (adding new KPIs, datasets, columns, calculations, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge of data replication from various database systems including HANA and Microsoft SQL Server systems.
Supervisory and Staff Relationships
- Reports to Controller.
- Peer relationships with General Accounting, Payroll, Tax Accounting, and Cost Accounting.
- Works closely with IT Department.
Principal Measures of Performance
- Support Hallstar’s one-day month-end close and accelerated year-end close schedules.
- Timely and accurate reporting of sales, COGS, and GP on a daily and monthly basis.
- Quality of SAP solutions developed to meet end-user requirements.
- Internal Hallstar customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work well in high functioning teams.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or Accounting with an excellent academic record.
- At least five (5) years of SAP experience supporting General Ledger in addition to at least five (5) of the accompanying capacities: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Inter-company Accounting, Costing Accounting, Material Ledger
- At least one (1) year of experience supporting SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Business Warehouse, or SAP Business Objects.
- Multiple years progressive experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, systems, communication, and interpersonal skills
- SAP Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle FCCS and BPCS is a plus.
- Understanding of general and cost accounting business processes.
- 10. Capacity to perform multiple tasks and deal with different expectations and undertakings simultaneously.
Ajith P | IT Technical Recruiter
E-Business International Inc
4365 US Highway 1 South, Suite 212, Princeton, NJ – 08540