• Understands advanced, integrated business processes; identifying and recognizing global integration consequences.
• Meets with key users to determine application development requirements, acting as the liaison between the IT Organization and the end users to insure requirements and progress are communicated accurately.
• Comprehends and performs complex configuration tasks and testing in the areas of Materials Management and Production Planning; resolving complex user reported issues in a timely manner.
• Successfully handles multiple projects, completing them on time, on budget and exceeding customer expectations.
• Works with the other Business Process Functional Teams, Application Development Teams, and Technology Services Teams as well as the end users, to analyze, design, develop, modify, test, and implement, software solutions and applications to satisfy our business requirements.
• Researches the SAP system, OSS, ASUG, and other resources for solutions to business requirements and the implementation of new business process improvements. Researches new technologies and functionality, making recommendations on their use.
• Creates design specifications for programs in all aspects of SAP’s proprietary ABAP/4 programming language. Completes documentation of software solutions, SAP configuration and program modifications according to departmental standards.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Extensive experience in the SAP PP and MM Modules and fluent in the end to end supply chain and manufacturing process; including (but not limited to) Production Planning, Forecasting, Purchase to Pay and Quality Management.
• Strong knowledge of “make to order” discrete manufacturing, and Cross Company Stock Transport Orders, with preference given to those with Variant Configuration experience.
• Strong knowledge of MRP and the master data to support MRP optimization.
• Working knowledge of the functionality of all of the other core SAP modules (FI, CO, SD, PS) and integration points. Working knowledge of the ABAP Workbench.
• Proven ability to take user requirements, design appropriate solutions and carry them through implementation including integration testing and end user training.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to sell concepts and ideas to a wide range of audience.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated, willingness to learn and openness to change are important.
• Proven experience to with at least 2 full life cycle implementations of SAP ECC.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize, respect and adapt to cultural differences, as SAP is used on a global level.