Our client in Rochester, New York is looking for a consultant who will help the business enable SAP S/4 HANA best practices related to the Plan to Produce (PP) areas. This individual will partner with business SME’s within the SC space to design, build, test and deploy new functionality PP. The implementation project is underway. The project team needs someone to come in right away and contribute on the Plan to Produce stream. This project will require the consultant to travel internationally to China 75% of the time in 2-3 week increments. This project will be a 3-6 month assignment but our client is beginning a brand new multi-year Greenfield implementation and the possibility of an extension is likely. If the role extends it will be in Rochester, NY.
Role and responsibilities
- Participate in implementation and support of SAP S/4 Hana PP
- Model the existing or ‘AS IS’ business processes as well as design the ‘TO BE’ business processes
- Design, customize, configure and testing of PP
- Identify gaps, issues and work around solutions.
- Assist Business in documenting functional designs, test cases and results.
- Translate functional requirements into technical design for custom developments
- Perform estimate of effort for new development / enhancements
- Drive FUT with developers
- Assist Business in running IT Test scripts
- Troubleshooting: investigate, analyze, and solve problems
- Handle changes or emergency transports as needed for high priority issues;
- Identify and security role components and test/validate security roles
- Coordinate with SAP basis team on the implementation of technical objects in SAP to provided enhancements, bug fixes, OSS notes, Support packages and System upgrades of software components installed
- Experience in implementation projects as well as in support
- Deep understanding of the processes supported by SAP considered best practices in APO and PP area
- Knowledge of integration points between PP and the other SAP modules (MM and WM)
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deliverables at the same time
- Ability to understand business processes from a customer perspective
- Solid technical background: Ability to understand complex ABAP programs, to use SAP tools such as Debugger and to implement SAP OSS notes
- Results-oriented, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, innovative, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to coordinate and motivate cross-functional and distributed teams.
- Strategic agility and managing ambiguous conditions
- Demonstrate passion for success to complete required tasks while maintaining a positive attitude.