SAP Solution & Support Manager
The SAP Solution and Support Manager is a service management and continuous improvement-minded technology leader with a passion for problem solving, strong customer relationship skills, application configuration & development expertise and ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally. This role will provide day to day client solutioning, support and oversight of the technical team. The position requires excellent communication skills and able to work under tight deadlines and commitments
We look for team members who are focused on solutioning, research, root cause analysis and delivery. We want someone who is passionate about customer service, makes data-driven decisions, is a life-long learner, and prefers to work in a high-tempo, problem-solving work environment.
- Perform configuration, functional design, data analysis and testing in SAP with an emphasis on two or more modules such as EDI, MM, WM, LE, SD modules.
- Provide quality and timely resolution of application defects, problems & enhancement requests through the management of the application development lifecycle.
- Run an agile-based request management workflow, focused on maximizing velocity, improving quality, and reducing backlog.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed upon checkpoints
- Partner with Business & Solution Architects to identify opportunities for improved customer service, increased agility, and availability.
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience.
- Pre-sales and sales activities such as estimations, SOWs, and proposals, identifying potential new opportunities and revenue streams.
- Ensure the client is referenceable once the client is in production.
- Ensure Service Operations, Knowledge Management, Documentation, Continuous Improvement, Service Level & Availability Management are operationalized across the team.
- Overall responsibility for the management of functional resources to solve customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of SAP and technology in complex ERP environments.
- Work with Off-shore and On-shore teams on a regular basis
- Manage team members and vendors to deliver 24 x 7 user & technical support
- Formulate and Establish policies and procedures for SAP AMS practice to deliver SLA driven services
- Minimum 5+ years of SAP service delivery operations, service delivery management, and client management; successful experience in the software industry in the Application Managed Services (AMS)space
- 5+ years successfully leading an application development & support team with significant experience in SAP
- 15+ years’ experience supporting two or more SAP modules such as SAP SD, MM, LE, WM and EDI in various Industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related fields
- 5+ years managing outsourced solution providers, including contract negotiations, pre-sales, sales, on-going operations, and performance management
- Understand all processes involved in SAP logistics modules
- SAP experience including configuration and integration of SAP Modules. Must have extensive knowledge of SAP Finance (FI and CO), and PP, PM and QM modules
- Must have practitioner-level skills in Service Management principles, practices, and procedures.