ONLY ACCEPTING DIRECT W2 APPLICANTS WHO ARE US CITIZENS OR LPRs AT THIS TIME
Position Overview Freddie Mac has an excellent opportunity for a Development, Senior position to contribute to the development and support of SAS applications and processes in the Corporate Data Warehouse, in the Information Technology Division. We are seeking a motivated individual who can who can lead a team of etl developers, help team perform root cause analysis, and provide guidance in developing effective solutions.
The candidate should have a strong analytical ability and able to quickly adapt, trouble shoot and apply IT expertise to a varying array of issues relating to the SAS/shell script/autosys jobs in CDW space.
Expected to work business area, BA, project team and other supporting groups, develop rapport and good working relationships with other teams.
• Lead team of developers, perform root cause analysis, and develop effective solutions to existing issues.
• Find gaps in the existing processes, constantly improve the processes/procedures, automate manual tasks and provide stability to the applications.
• Participate in Requirements Analysis; participate in the designing of solutions based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy applications.
• Contribute to the enhancement of department application development/delivery standards, tools and processes.
• Able to do analysis and make code changes to the SAS, Mainframe and Unix jobs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
• At least 6-10 years of experience in SAS, shell scripting and db2/oracle sql skills, Mainframe JCL, Cobol.
• Strong analytical and development skills required to trouble the issues and developed effective solutions.
• Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL, DB2 or Sybase database, and Stored Procedures
• Good attitude that will allow the team to perform better, work as a team player.
• Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risks.
• Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools.
• Experience in all aspects of system development life cycle methodologies including waterfall and/or agile development
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
• Experience leading development teams.
• Experience with Mainframe and Unix
• Experience working with Agile methodology
• Experience with Java and Webmethods.
• Professional who is motivated and is an effective team player
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technology solutions to business partners
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
• Experience in Mortgage Industry or direct Freddie Mac Experience
12018 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 100 Reston, VA, 20191