By Light is seeking a SATCOM Systems Engineer Lead to join our team providing transport engineering support for our Government customer's DOD and non-DOD interconnected communication infrastructures located world-wide. The candidate is expected to participate in regular meetings with internal program staff, teammates, and the government client on a frequent basis. Effective leadership and communication skills are essential for working among a blended prime/subcontractor program team and developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
* Provide sustainment support for DISA Integrated Waveform data controller capability by creating and managing systems engineering and integration artifacts
* Manage systems requirements and document technical and performance base-lines, evaluate and manage technical risks
* Participate in DOD working groups to resolve technical issues surfacing from the integration of the capability into different platforms, including tactical handheld radios.
* Support the following program planning and analysis acquisition activities: Prepare and assist in the development, staffing, implementation, and maintenance of agreements with external organizations and system owners (e.g., external interfaces); prepare and assist in the development of comprehensive plans, programs, special reports (including acquisition documentation), briefing support studies, analysis, and plans.
* Provide configuration management and distribution processes, including providing software code and other documentation, database support and participation in any Configuration Control Board (CCB) or other governing body. The Contractor shall assist the Government with developing the process for data controller distribution to create an accountability record identifying who requested the product, who the product was released to, and how many copies were provided. Develop any release notes required for any changes in any Government configured data controller software to maintain interoperability with the authorized operating systems. Assist the Government in acquisition of relevant certifications and accreditations, including cyber security and Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC). Review the data controller Road Map quarterly and submit recommended changes in accordance with decisions from the configuration control process and guidance from the receiver.
* CONUS travel with the Government personnel to attend engineering Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), support Government project leads at internal/external project management meetings, develop briefing slides for senior leadership, develop white papers, provide training to customers as requested, and support the development of transport related engineering studies
* Assist the client in acquisition of relevant certifications and accreditations, including cyber security and Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC).
* Provide guidance for Tier I help desk support and shall support Tier-2 and Tier-3 engineering help desk for complex issues that cannot be resolved by Tier-1 assets.
* Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Requirements development and analysis
* System and Security Architecture development
* Network modeling, analysis, and planning
* Development of test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines
* Network troubleshooting
* Technical planning and analysis, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses
* DoD and/or Government program experience preferred
* A minimum of 8 years related experience in multiple disciplines of the information systems and technology fields.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
* Minimum DOD Secret clearance required prior to interview
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Department: Information Technology