Houston, TexasSkills :
energy management system/EMS/OSI Monarch,OSI monarch,SCADA,C/C++,Power generation management/Power,SQL,RTO/ERCOT/market/Description : Day-to-Day:
This candidate would be joining the Power Generation EMS team of IT Analysts to support their OSI Monarch Generation Management System (GMS)/Energy Management System (EMS) used by the Generation Dispatch desk and plant operators to monitor, control, and optimize (SCADA) the performance
Must Haves: The candidate should have anywhere from 5-10 years in the following areas
- Work alongside the system operators to provide real-time support of the GMS by troubleshooting and resolving problems, interacting with counterparties, ICCP, ISOs and vendor support resources.
- Configure, update and maintain the system by adding devices such as RTUs and generators, working with Calculation code and one-line diagrams.
- Assist in working with ISOs to understand market changes and make improvements/updates to the existing system and developing new displays for dispatchers.
- EMS/GMS (ideally OSI's Monarch system) - Energy Management System and Generation Management System
- SQL Server knowledge
- Strong SCADA knowledge
- OSI Products - ideally OSI Monarch System
- A background in Electrical engineering or power generation - Market/Industry knowledge is IMPERATIVE
- C/C++ coding on UNIX platforms
- Linux operating exp
- Good understanding of NERC rules related to generation control systems and cyber assets used to manage and control generation.
- Market Knowledge (RTO etc)