Our client is currently seeking an SCCM Infrastructure Engineer for a contract-to-hire role in Richmond, Virginia.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
* Performs analysis and research of systems and networks.
* Reviews detailed business and technical requirements in order to recommend technical solutions.
* Provides first level engineering design functions.
* Develops complex solutions from business requirements and architectural specifications.
* Designs, leads or plans complex implementations for systems and networks; develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation.
* Assists in the definition of architecture standards and anticipate areas where architecture standards may need to be developed that are in-line with customer, IT and industry standards.
* Validates the detailed architecture requirements for an application/technology to conform to the current and target architecture and standards.
* Oversees enterprise mix of vendor services; recommends changes and updates to strategy; may act a key contact for setting vendor strategy.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Requires BA/BS degree; 5-8 years experience in a support and operations or design and engineering role in any of the following areas: servers, networks, telecommunication, operating systems, middleware, disaster recovery, collaboration technologies, hardware/software support; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* Significant engineering experience required in one or more core infrastructure technologies; capable of serving as a subject matter expert in various settings; capable of creating technology designs utilizing business and technical requirements.
* Demonstration of strong mentoring skills preferred.