Be Bold Be Brilliant
Would you like to be a part of one of America's leading financial services firms? Great-West Financial is the nation's second largest insurer in sales of individual life insurance through banks. We also offer annuity and executive benefits products. Under Empower Retirement, we provide employer sponsored retirement plans as the nation's second largest retirement plan provider.
Our over 5,000 associates across 40 locations across the country provide world class service to:
30,000+ employer sponsored retirement plans
8 million+ employees participating in their employer-sponsored retirement plan
467,700+ individual life insurance and annuity accounts
$460 billion+ total assets under administration
This position will guide and serve teams that deliver technology solutions, through effective application of the Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum, Kanban Method, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Recommends improvements to the Great West implementation of Agile principles and encourages adoption across the enterprise.
* Manages release planning principles by engaging with key stakeholders to understand MMF, priorities and dependencies. Create and manage scrum team release plans. Represent teams in Digital Delivery team virtual release planning event to slot work for the next two releases.
* Implements sprint planning principles by supporting teams to develop Sprint plans that align to team velocity and to the release plan. Ensure backlog grooming takes place on a regular cadence. Work with team to identify capacity to ensure they can meet the sprint commitment.
* Works within Agile execution principles with daily standup facilitation and impediment tracking/escalation. Reviews/Approvals - Design, Legal, Risk, Compliance. Risk and Change Management. Major release support.
* Uses continuous improvement and progress tracking principles to ensure teams are prepared for product showcases. Report on Sprint metrics for teams. Participant in cross team Scrum of Scrums. Hold team retrospectives and ensure impediments that are outside of the teams control are appropriately escalated. Participant in project Scrum of Scrums or status meetings to report progress of team. Governance, including regular updates and maintenance of Jira.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Scrum Master Certification.
* PMI-ACP Certification preferred.
* 4 - 6 years of progressive experience with demonstrated successful track record.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, multi-tasking, project and timeline planning, leadership, judgment, and negotiation skills.
* Strong pro-active, positive leadership experience.
* Ability to set goals and work with little direction.
* Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
* Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, and Taking Ownership).
* Outstanding soft skills including communication, mentoring, conflict resolution, facilitation, leading by example, work ethic, and emotional intelligence.
About Great-West Financial
At Great-West Financial^- and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you're interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We're an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We're also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.