We looking DTC1JP00001771SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) position at Tampa, FL or Dallas, TX. please go through below job description. let me know your interest. send me your most updated resume.
Position: SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Location: Tampa, FL or Dallas, TX
Duration: 12+ months Contract
Pay Rate: DOE
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer in test responsible for design, development and maintenance of automated test, and various software test engineering activities. Experienced in Agile/Waterfall, onsite/offshore work model and coordination. Proficient in Java and/or Selenium he/she should be able to write Test Cases and automated test that validate the application functionality. Should possess excellent verbal, written and analytical skills, able to interact with application development teams, business analysts/SME, business users and project managers to understand requirements and communicate status.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts using Selenium.
- Enhance existing automation framework developed in Selenium.
- Integrate Selenium scripts with Jenkins CloudBees.
- Maintain traceability of functional requirements/Test Cases to automation test scripts.
- Develop automation test strategy and approach.
- Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion.
- Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Support overall test engineering activities such as development of Test Approach, Test Cases, and manual test execution as needed.
- Works closely with application development and other technical teams to,
- Understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
- Works with technical resources to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
- Works with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
- Provides test engineering guidance and direction to employees and consultants and, as needed, provides complex automation testing services to multiple projects.
- Mentors and directs activities of analyst and test Engineers.
- Coordinates multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations.
- Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestones accomplishments by:
- Provide inputs in developing estimates to support new and existing projects;
- Create status reports;
- Tracking and reporting actual versus planned completion; and,
- Ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
- Assists Test Manager in developing estimates to support new and existing projects.
- Assists Test Manager in reviewing Portfolio Management and Resource Management forecast reports, to optimize team’s supply/demand planning, maximizing resource utilization.
- Ensures all development lifecycle test engineering work of other team members, including the review of high-level designs, detail designs, and test plans and results, is completed according to standards.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of work by other team members on the Team, assisting with issues resolution.
- Provides support and on-the-job training to more junior or less experienced team members.
- Facilitates individual team member development of technical, functional, and industry skills.
- Acts as a role model and mentors other team members.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software testing (with 3+ years of experience in application development and/or automated testing, and 1-2 years of experience in managing testing).
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
- 6 years of experience in software testing
- 3+ years of hands on expertise in test automation using Selenium and/or Java development.
- 1-2 years of experience in managing testing
- Experience in enhancing Selenium automation framework.
- Hands on experience in Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket.
- Experience in test automation for Agile Continuous Integration/Development
- Experience with at least one RDBMS and SQL queries
- API, REST/SOAP Experience.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in creation of test strategy and automation design document.
- Basic knowledge in mainframe related testing.
- Experience with HP QC or ALM and JIRA
- Experience in financial services industry related to investment banking, wealth management, corporate actions and securities processing
Education, Training &/or Certification:
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline