Our client, a leading Medical Device company is looking for an SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test). This is for an initial duration of 5 months in San Diego CA
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of the development program's test automation strategy and has direct oversight and responsibility for the test automation team's ability to successfully execute. Automation is inclusive of the user-facing applications, API's, web-services, and databases, and is developed based on requirements / specifications / and user story acceptance criteria. This individual may also be responsible for building testing tools that allow system test teams to verify core services, web applications, and interfaces to other systems.
- In this role, the individual will be involved in performing testing activities within all phases as required within the projects such as functional testing, integration testing, performance testing and assisting with user acceptance testing as required. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of leadership and of being a collaborative team player who has experience working with both local and co-located cross-functional teams.
- Test Coverage (Test Case/Test Scenarios/Code Coverage)
- Able to research, analyze, develop tools and frameworks to provide a thoughtful recommendation for use.
- Developing Design artifacts / Diagrams.
- Object Oriented software design
- Create and maintain shared libraries, tools, and frameworks to increase team productivity and works with Developers, Dev Ops and Testers (e.g.: Test Analysis, Scenarios creator) to make applications more testable, scalable.
- Incorporates coding best practices and regularly conducts/participates in Code Reviews.
- Expert-level coding and debugging skills in C#, Selenium, or related Test Automation frameworks
- Ability to work independently without consistent managerial direction
- Ability to quickly develop a working knowledge of the product domain
- Over 75% will be programming/ development in Test
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in computer science or an engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years of recent software development experience.
- 3-5 years of recent software test experience. Includes experience with "black box " and "white box " testing, as well as both manual and automation testing.
- Expertise in the creation of test scenarios for all levels (system, sub-system, product & feature).
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language. (C#)
- Understands databases (SQL Server is preferred) and is able to develop EXPERT – complex level queries.
- Intermediate in developing new tools, Automation frameworks, and methodologies (e.g. Data Driven, Keyword, etc.).
- Agile Environment experience using user stories, providing estimates etc.
- Understanding API test/Load testing framework setup
- Understand Object Oriented software design and principles.
- Understand Test Design and Test Life Cycle
- Experience with Microsoft Technical Stack (C#, .NET)
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Lamda
- React, Angular, etc
- GIT / Perforce
- NUnit / Jest, Selenium
- REST / GRPC
- MQTT / JMS / AMQP / Kafka
- MS SQL / PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Cassandra
- Jenkins / Other CI tools
- Infrastructure as Code tools(Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Experience in deployment for CI/CD