: SDET Location
: Remote (based on EST) Duration
: 6 month contract-to-hire
Our Client is looking for an experienced, energetic, and passionate Senior Software Development Engineer. The individual will be part of a large team driving highly visible strategic agenda for our Client's organization. The ideal candidate will coach and ensure the Scrum teams adopts the quality engineering practices. Partner with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Release Train Engineer and other SDETs to form test strategy to develop and optimize automated test executions. The ideal candidate will have access to the most modern suite of technology for automated testing: Java, Selenium, Angular, Soap UI, Karate, Protractor, Cucumber and Jenkins. Experience in Guidewire PolicyCenter is a plus.Responsibilities:
- Design and build test architectures (test automation frameworks, code libraries, etc.) for the team to use across the platforms.
- Identify tools and technologies for implementation that align with business goals, current infrastructure, and the team skill-set.
- Create reporting frameworks and actual reports of test results, and set up automated storage and distribution of them.
- Manage test data. Prepare test strategy applying industry-accepted practices, tools and technologies.
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to all Engineers across the Release Train;. Define strategic direction for testing by providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across the Agile Release Train.
- Collaborate with other stake holders like Product Managers, System Architects, System Teams and RTE to improve the testing infrastructure and mature the DevOps practices.
- Participate in High level and Low level design of the application/system.
- Support optimization of regression testing time by leveraging Selenium Grids and Containers.
- Provide support to engineers in configuring Virtual Environments and the setup of the E2E integration in lower environments.
1. BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
2. 5+ years of experience with Java programming.
3. 3+ years of experience with Selenium
4. 1+ years of experience with Jenkins.Nice-to-have skills:
1. Guidewire Policy Center
2. Property/auto insurance
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at