LOCATION: Rockville, MD
ROLE OVERVIEW: Apex Systems has an immediate opening for mid level Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET), who is responsible for developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions, and performing manual tests as needed throughout the SDLC.
If interested, please send an updated resume to Jackie Kurtz at
• Responsible for identifying project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
• Create and execute complex test cases based on test strategies and plans.
• Participate in reviews of system architecture, code and design documents.
• Perform Independent Assurance on all SDLC phases in a project.
• Develop automation architecture and set up test frameworks/infrastructure.
• Design and Develop complex automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
• Actively participate in collaborative resolution of defects including root cause analysis of production incidents.
• Continually look for ways to innovate and improve testing process to gain efficiencies.
• Demonstrates business domain expertise in the project involved.
• Effectively communicate testing activities, findings and project risk in oral and written formats.
• Bach/Master's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics.
• 5+ years of demonstrable hands on back-end/database testing experience
• Strong Programming experience (Java/Python)
• Strong SQL
• Experience testing large data sets
• Knowledge of various testing methods, with the ability to work independently and in a team.
• Development and programming experience in Java, Python or C#.
• Ability to analyze and linearize algorithms
• Understand how to use data structures correctly
• Strong RDBMS skills
• Candidates should have experience throughout all phases of the SDLC
• Execution of test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures
• Testing system modifications to prepare for implementation
• AWS experience is a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or