Remote (company in Rockville, MD) DURATION:
Long-term contract (potential to convert to perm) OVERVIEW:
Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior SDET at a leading financial regulatory authority in Rockville, MD. The position is contract-to-hire or direct hire, offering a competitive compensation package. Candidates will need significant technical skills in Core Java & SQL, UI/API testing, and AWS
- Responsibilities include developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions and performing manual tests as needed throughout the SDLC
- Responsible for identifying project risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Creates and executes complex test strategies across multiple systems, as required, to execute tests
- Reviews and provides feedback on system architecture, code, and design documents.
- Performs independent assurance on all SDLC phases in a project
- Architects, designs and develops automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools to test complex systems
- Continually looks for ways to innovate and improve the testing process to gain efficiencies
- Possesses domain expertise in the project involved and serves as a technical subject matter expert
- Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Ensures compliance with all security controls
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any other STEM degree
- 6 years of software development and/or test automation or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with test automation technologies such as Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Gatling, JMeter, Jasmine, Karma, REST Assured, and NUnit
- Excellent understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithm design, problem-solving, complexity analysis, and data structures
- Expertise on modern programming languages and common development technologies with software architecture and design skills
- Excellent understanding of the testing process, test types, test design, and testing methodologies.
- Experience in data testing and validating data migration efforts
- Demonstrated experience with functional, performance, security and DevOps test tooling
- Expert experience in architecting, designing and developing automation frameworks and test suites
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-related technologies
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on an agile/scrum application team
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or