Job#: 1264534 Job Description: ROLE:
Software Development Engineer in TestLOCATION:
Rockville, MD (Remote)ROLE OVERVIEW:
Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a mid-level Java Developer/SDET. The position is on a long-term contract basis, with chance to become a permanent employee if desired. The successful candidate will work in a fast paced environment, and help develop and test various applications. Candidates must have strong development background (Core Java), as well as a good knowledge of application test methodologies.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 4+ years of demonstrable hands on Java development/OOP experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of application testing methodologies
- Familiarity developing/testing REST API's
- Familiarity with UI automation (Selenium)
- At least basic SQL skills
- Experience using AWS: EC2, EMR, S3, Lambda, RDS is nice to have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Participate in the design, implementation, and testing of distributed systems in an agile environment.
- Working throughout all phases of the SDLC, specific testing experience should include the following:
- Development of the applications using technologies like Java Frameworks. Spring MVC, SpringBoot, Maven, Oracle SQL, in an agile environment.
- Ability to analyze and linearize algorithms, use data structures correctly, development and programming in Java /J2EE
- Creating tickets and Tasks. Looking for impediments and generating the acceptance criteria.
- Complete research activities for new features and enhancements and provide the corresponding proof of concepts with demo applications.
- Using AWS: EC2, EMR, S3, Lambda, RDS
- A good knowledge of application test methodologies.
- Testing system modifications to prepare for implementation and applying functional, regression, and end-to-end testing
- Developing/testing REST services using POSTMAN, RestAssured, Selenium, Cucumber
- Execution of test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures using Gherkin, Cucumber
- Rigorous application of testing standards like UNIT testing, Regression testing, and Integration testing at all product development levels.
- Regular On-call duties, production support, and application Maintenance.
- Actively engage in the engineering culture to consistently deliver value to our customers and business.
- Constantly strive to strengthen knowledge in software development theory and practices.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at