- Write automation test scripts from scratch using Microsoft Visual Studio with CodedUI using scripting languages such as VB.NET and/or C#.
- Design, build, and maintain a robust automation framework.
- Troubleshoot exception handling, runtime errors and other issues that could arise during automation script execution.
- Review and understand Requirements Documentation, Business Process Flowcharts and high-level Test Scenarios to write test steps manually and then automate them.
- Interact with Court Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Business Users during the process of developing automation test scripts to gain further insight on the test scenarios and business processes.
- Capture and maintain artifacts resulting from automation in Microsoft Test Management/Team Foundation Server applications.
- Perform automated user acceptance and regression testing of a complex Court Case Management System desktop application.
- Position requires 90% automation testing and 10% manual testing.
- Attend required project meetings to gain knowledge of the project, ask questions and make recommendations when appropriate.
- Document and communicate bugs, defects, issues, status and results of testing with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Report directly to the Lead Testing Consultant and the Development Testing Project Manager.
- 5+ years’ experience as an SDET/Automation Tester.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Visual Studio with Coded UI using either VB.NET or C# scripting languages.
- Hands-on experience testing robust Windows Desktop applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), QA processes and other testing methodologies.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and execute automation test scripts based on Requirements Documentation and high-level Test Scenarios.
- Confidence working through testing issues.
- Experience tracking bugs, defects, issues and reporting status to various levels of the project organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when dealing with both technical and non-technical team members, business users, subject matter experts, internal and external project stakeholders.
- Team player and can work with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience of 5+ years.
- Prior experience in a Court/Legal environment.
- Superior organizational skills to work with a vast array of information.
- Ability to maintain own workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams of internal and external resources
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint and the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.