is a provider of wholesale and audit intelligence in the automotive industry. Datascan's solutions are the most comprehensive in the industry, providing banks, independent finance companies, and captive financial institutions with clarity critical to their success - helping them manage risk while increasing productivity and profits. All of our solutions are web-based and delivered from our state-of-the-art DataScan-managed data centers.
To learn more about our products: https://vimeo.com/251178810 Job Description
As a Software Development Engineer in Test on a Wholesale Intelligence Product team, you will design and define our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, SDETs, and Software Developers on the product to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create qualitative and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. You will guide Software Developers in building the right unit tests, define and measure Quality KPIs, and develop automation to enable Continuous Integration & Continuous Testing.
As an SDET at DataScan you are not a pure black box tester; you must be able to understand software internals, debug problems, and automate repetitive tasks with scripting tools or user-level automation tools. You are also the customer advocate and owner of the customer experience for our product. Most importantly, you enable good quality engineering practices among the Development team.
The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for testing, enjoys working with developers and QA Engineers to enable test automation and Continuous Integration of code, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the product quality constantly. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by "that's not how we do things here." You'll have a tangible impact on our product, our services, our business and - most importantly - our customers. You'll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special that changes our customers lives for the better.
To learn more about our products: https://vimeo.com/251178810
How You'll Spend Your Day:
- Create a testing strategy and test plans for large feature areas. Identify, investigate, and propose test solutions.
- Develop functional and integration automation tests
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Drive and advocate for best engineering quality practices
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
- Participate in design and code inspections.
- You do things well and produce high-quality work (e.g., thorough, thoughtful, data-driven); incorporate best practices. Your team trusts your work.
- You write code and automated tests that are maintainable and reusable.
- You constructively identify problems and propose solutions, mitigate risk while measuring software quality.
- You have established good working relationships with team members and peers working on related software. You recognize discordant views and take part in a constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1+ years of technical experience as an SDET or related role
- Experience developing in at least one of following languages Java, Python, C#, Ruby
- Knowledge of database concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of REST service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Familiarity with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Attention to detail, and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies quickly