Title : SDET
Location : Herndon Virginia
Duration : Long Term
MUST : Automation Selenium
- Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with BAs and developers
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, test cases, implement test data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
- Gather non-functional performance requirements, analyze and strategize the performance test approach
- Build performance testing frameworks that can be leveraged by development teams and QA teams to do their performance testing
- Hands-on script development using JMeter or Gatling or other open source tools
- Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics.
- Ability to work closely with Application Development and DevOps teams to identify, troubleshoot and debug performance issues
- Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality, but quality of testing and feedback to engineers
- Strong programming/scripting experience and passion for testing
- 5 7+ years' experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance preferably in cloud environment; experience in manual functional and regression testing and preparing relevant test cases
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in one or more of the following toolsets/frameworks:
- Selenium Grid/WebDriver
- jUnit, TestNG
- API testing (RestAssured/Karate)
- JMeter, Gatling
- New Relic or DynaTrace etc
- Experience working with databases and various data formats and related technologies for testing
- Experience in Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance
- Knowledge in management tools such as JIRA Platform, Serena Business Manager
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.