We are looking for a Quality Engineer / Software Engineer in Test (SDET) who will develop and execute automated and manual test cases for new and existing financial software web applications. The QA Engineer will also be responsible for creating and maintaining test scripts, documenting results and reporting / tracking defects found in the applications under test. The QA Engineer works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to determine, execute, and validate testing based on system requirements and business needs. This individual applies analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve system issues applications defects. The individual will work with IT and business partners to ensure expectations are reasonably set and met. The QA Engineer will be required to support and train other team members with automation coding principles, and best practices. Needs someone who can understand, run and write code from thin air VS modifying existing code.
Must have: Either Java Script or C# language capability, GIT, Agile And Cucumber.
Key Points: Team focusing on automation. This sub team will be made up of the most technical people to lead to do policing code, train on new software, have oversight of the sub team
- needs someone who can advocate for anything and carry the “lets solve this problem now mentality”.
- 1 year ago Client went from manual system to moving to fully automated. 80% of testing will eventually be done via automation, be about 80% API and 20% UAT testing.
- Team took on large projects and they run in parallel. One of the projects is moving the most important chunk of applications to micro-services to automated pipeline
- There is a fulltime trainer on this team to help with typescript training
- If person has GIT there is a big advantage, they use GIT for basic branching, putting code in there and pulling it out.
- Having JMeter is not a show stopper but huge advantage if person has it.
- Angular & AWS are nice to haves
- Knowing Agile ceremonies is crucial, needs someone who believes in it rather than “I follow Agile just because I have to”, nice to have financial web application experience.
- Want people hired who are heavy on automation BUT don’t want a delicate person who is unwilling to do manual when needed
- Does NOT want someone who thinks “if not in acceptance criteria I don’t talk to people to get answers people” That will NOT work.
- Needs people to get into the trenches and can write code.
- Cucumber and , Rapise is what client is using.
If available and interested, contact Shilpi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at #630 2288 565 for more details.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business Administration, and/or 4+ years of experience as a QA Engineer in an Agile environment.
- Preferred: TypeScript, API Testing, C#, Protractor, Git, BDD Tool experience (Cucumber, Spec Flow), CI/CD experience, JMeter, Postman Angular, Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of both manual and automation testing principles and best practices, as well as the Agile project methodology.
- Assist with the creation of new testing scripts and plans suites, both automated and manual.
- Executes testing procedures to ensure that software meets established quality standards.
- Knowledge of automation and willingness to learn and utilize automated testing frameworks.
- Comfortable in writing and executing T-SQL queries for data testing.
- Ability to create test cases based on user stories and business requirements.
- Understanding of various software testing methods, levels, types, and processes and how they fit in the overall SDLC.
- Identify, isolate, replicate, report and track issues to closure in an issue tracking system (Visual Studio and SpiraTest)
- Execute smoke tests, regression tests, and performance tests in QA to verify code deployments and other system changes.
- Background in test automation using Rapise is a plus.
- Knowledge of mortgage industry, terms, and processes a plus.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable making presentations in front of small groups.
If available and interested, contact Shilpi at email@example.com or call at #630 228 8565 for more details.