Montefiore IT is hiring a Senior Business Intelligence Developer who will be responsible for the design and delivery of reports, dashboards and analytic solutions from Montefiore's Enterprise Data Warehouse. The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will work with peer Business Intelligence Developers, Analysts, and end users to determine requirements and translate them into appropriate reporting tools. The Senior BI Developer will also need to work closely with the Database Engineers to design and assure the flow of valid data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse to reporting tools.
The team focuses on the timely delivery of accurate, relevant and easily accessible information to all its hospitals, Montefiore corporate decision makers and external regulators or partners.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will provide outstanding client service and contribute to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Gathering and synthesizing reporting requirements to ensure the alignment with Montefiore's strategic goals
the Sr. BI Develper will Design and Develop creative BI components for the delivery of dashboards, scorecards, delivered reports, ad hoc queries, extracts and analytics, using Power-BI, QlikView, SAP Business Objects, as well as other platforms.
o Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
o Decompose high-level information into details
o Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
o Provide creative solutions to problems
• Document user requirements into a well-structured specification, ensuring all documentation adhere to standard templates, using natural language.
• Collaborate with database engineers and Subject Matter Experts to define solutions to develop the architecture of the selected reporting solution.
• Writes and maintains complex SQL queries and stored procedures
• Use web services that provide standard analytic computations that can be leveraged in multiple BI solutions
• Create QA test cases/test steps to ensure quality assurance of BI output
Work with customer to ensure user acceptance testing and a complete delivery of reporting/analysis solution
• Responsible for QA testing the entire solution to ensure that it is ready for user acceptance testing
• Perform other related duties as required.
• 3+ years' experience developing MSFT Power-BI (or) SAP Business Objects reports in a complex enterprise environment
• 3+ years' experience with RDBMS databases (multi-dimensional a plus)
• 3+ years' experience writing stored procedures or complex SQL queries
• 3+ years' experience working in environments using a development lifecycle methodology
• Experience in healthcare specific reporting or other exposure to healthcare business
• Experience with QlikView BI development
• Experience working with PL/SQL desired
• Exposure to Epic Clarity desired
Bachelors Degree OR Equivalent Relative Work Experience
*Montefiore is unable to provide relocation
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 151262
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.