- Assists the Development team in various phases of development, including design, implementation, integration, revision control, release and the maintenance of multiple products and systems.
- Follows Stifel’s coding and development standards (Microsoft base).
- Facilitate in the growth of other developers through code review and one-on-one interaction.
- Documents clearly and effectively within code as well as outside of code.
- Coordinate with other team members when tackling harder developmental efforts.
- Continue to stay on top of the latest technologies and see how they can be applied to Stifel’s needs throughout the organization.
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field required.
- 5-7 years’ of post bachelor’s progressive experience in computer science or related field of experience required.
- Collaborative development with the familiarity and knowledge of environment.
- Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities.
- Passion for the integrity of database/software design and a willingness to compromise appropriately to balance design and delivery.
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Thorough understanding of the software life-cycle and relevant software methodologies used in software development.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Highly self-motivated and delivery focused.
- Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach, bias for action.
- Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business and demonstrates understanding of the context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open.
- Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
- Experience working with DTS or SSIS packages
- Experience working with SSRS
- Experience with SQL performance tuning techniques including query plan understanding and management and indexing techniques.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.