- Contributes to the Development team in various phases of development, including design, implementation, integration, revision control, release and the maintenance of multiple products and systems.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Develop and design RESTful services and APIs
- Responsible for the design and deployment of database & database components
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and principles
- Collaborates with Product teams and Feature Development teams, providing guidance and mentorship
- Follows Stifel’s coding and development standards (Microsoft base).
- Facilitate in the growth of other developers through code review and one-on-one interaction.
- Documents clearly and effectively within code as well as outside of code.
- Coordinate with other team members when tackling harder developmental efforts.
- Continue to stay on top of the latest technologies and see how they can be applied to Stifel’s needs throughout the organization.
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field required
- 5-7 years’ of post bachelor’s progressive experience in computer science or related field of experience required.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as C# or Java.
- Proficiency with database technology such as SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle.
- Proficiency with Git (or other version control systems)
- Familiarity with AWS/Cloud Technologies a plus
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Knowledge of and experience using relational database systems.
- Project Development - Collaborative development with the familiarity and knowledge of environment.
- Operations Analysis - Passion for the integrity of software design and a willingness to compromise appropriately to balance design and delivery.
- Oral and Written Expression – Proven ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Time Management – Highly self-motivated and delivery focused.
- Performance - Takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach, bias for action.
- Business Awareness - Displays awareness of the impact of actions on the business and demonstrates understanding of the context of the company and acts in line with it.
- Communication and Influence - Uses negotiation skills and techniques to obtain agreement between different interests, challenges management constructively, bringing different views into the open.
- Partnership and Teamwork - Actively promotes a positive team spirit, builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.