We urgently need SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER - DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT – PLEASANTON, CA for full time placement.
Our client is a one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Shopping Experience Pillar has an opening for a Senior Digital Product. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Client is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. We have a vision to forge a national winning retailer with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
The Senior Digital Product Manager has broad responsibility to leverage digital technologies to build best in class customer experiences and maximize return on investment. The Senior Digital Product Manager will help influence a digital product vision and roadmap that will allow client Companies to deliver the brand promise of being customers favorite local supermarket. The Senior Digital Product Manager is responsible for building business cases, defining, executing, and measures ecommerce and omnichannel product features and capabilities.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Champion the needs of customers, business teams, stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Can operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
- Identify areas that require customer research and proposes research activities to direct supervisor and user experience team. Partners with user experience team to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals.
- Present and secures approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices to support new features and functionality
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
- Build intelligent capability and feature roadmaps using research, data, business context and learnings as input
- Be recognized as an expert across the division – someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of the organization
- Champion new initiatives to leadership team
- Work with engineers to understand system constraints, define requirements, and launch new solutions using an iterative product delivery process.
- Simplify complex ambiguous customer needs into simplified requirements.
- Write user stories as a part of the product development lifecycle that:
- Directly support primary objectives of the project
- Are appropriate in size for iterative development
- Include clear and specific acceptance criteria
- Consider dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
- Coordinate with engineering teams daily to implement technical solutions for event planning and customization of digital orders and fulfillment
- Coordinating with engineering teams daily to implement technical solutions for all of our Digital Shopping Experiences on our eCommerce platforms.
- Maintain a technical product backlog of engineering tasks and requirements.
- Work with User Experience & Design teams to create new features/capabilities for our Ecommerce platform.
- Use analytics to determine future opportunities.
- Identify key technical gaps and improvements in our shopping, marketplace, and Ecommerce omni-channel communication to ensure data quality and customer satisfaction.
- Partner with QA (Quality Assurance) teams to ensure the deployment of high-quality feature enhancements.
- Research competitors and best practices and bring knowledge to the Product Management organization on key product areas of focus.
- Help instrument new technical tools like Jira/Confluence to manage product roadmaps and deliver new enhancements more iteratively.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related and four (4) years of experience in implementing technical solutions for catalog and ecommerce platforms.
- 6-9 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: product marketing, product/program management, business development, management consulting desired, but not required
- 3-5 years’ senior level product experience preferred
- Internet and retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing teams
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Experience with A/B testing a plus
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
Experience must include:
- 3 years of technical experience with the implementation of data/analytics tools to measure the health and success of key aspects of the Digital Products Performance for all Shopping and Selection Experiences.
- 4 years of experience with Front End Web Applications, marketing cloud platforms, such as Oracle marketing cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe platform.
- 4 of experience with technical product backlog management and prioritization of user stories
- 4 years of experience working with offshore engineering teams on building features and quality assurance of solutions by using an agile methodology, including sprint planning, technical sizing of tasks, and feature prioritization.