Administrative applications for the following position are being accepted by the Office of Human Resources by 11:59 PM CST on Sunday, February 28, 2021. A current resume and three (3) letters of recommendation signed by the author and dated less than one (1) year old must be attached to the completed application (if you are unable to electronically attach these documents, you must notify human resources that you are sending hard copies which must be received on or before the deadline date listed above). Caution: When attaching documents to the application, be sure the documents are legible. If the documents cannot be read, your application may be disqualified from consideration. Appointment is subject to a criminal background check, a drug/alcohol test and credential verification. Non MPS employees must submit official transcripts confirming Degrees. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date and time. APPLY ONLINE FOR JOB OPENING #1016976 at www.mpsmke.com/jobs > Employment > Job Openings > Administrator/Supervisor positions and follow the link.
This position utilizes specialized knowledge of software & systems components and applies knowledge and skills in problem solving, implementing configuration changes, including technical expertise in assigned systems at the senior level. Analyzes, documents, installs, and maintains applications, software and systems.
Partner with technical and functional staff to design, develop, and support solutions within the PeopleSoft Human Resources Information System (HRIS) applications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs detailed analysis and design of new and existing systems by working closely with project leaders and end users. Investigates project requests to determine exact requirements of users.
- Designs, writes, tests, documents and implements new and existing computer software in accordance with the division’s project management methodology and quality assurance standards.
- Under the direction of the project leader, meets with user department personnel to assist with decision making, problem resolution and training.
- Learns new development tools and application development software products and maintains familiarity with existing application languages. Participates in professional training activities as directed. Stays current on appropriate hardware and software technology and stays informed of automation needs in user departments.
- Design, develop, test and debug code to implement and maintain new data analytics applications or application components in Commercial Off the Shelf Applications or in custom-developed applications, alike, including-business logic, queries, or stored procedures.
- Create and modify PeopleSoft application pages, components, menus, people code, application packages, application engine, component interfaces and file layout via vendor delivered People Tools application designer development tool.
- Development and programming of new or modifying existing batch and vendor interface file programs using various structured object-oriented computer languages (SQR/SQL, Application Engine, People Code, Application Packages) and file access and processing method (File Layout).
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that arise during development and production support using trace, audit logs, queries, and developer/analyzer sql tools.
- Provides exceptional customer service through positive communication and fostering a welcoming environment.
- Actively supports the MPS Strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Technology or related field required.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Five years of technical work experience in programming and analysis.
- Experience with HR concepts, processes, practices, and procedures preferred.
- Experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL desired.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of PeopleSoft application development toolset, Application Designer, that is required to maintain, develop and support the application (People Tools, Application Engine, People Code, Application Package, Component Interface, File Layout)
- Familiarity or working knowledge of SQR, BI/XML Publisher, Query utilized to develop and maintain internal/external reports, and vendor required interface files.
- Knowledge of inbound and outbound interfaces like importing data from flat files (CSV, TXT, Excel) to PeopleSoft tables and exporting data from PeopleSoft tables to files using Application Engine, File Layout, Component Interface (CI), XL to CI, SQR/SQL)
- Knowledge and support of multiple HCM modules (Workforce Administration, North America Payroll, Benefits, Absence Management, Time & Labor) would be beneficial.
The salary range is $56,502 - 81,296 (12-month)
APPLY ONLINE FOR JOB OPENING #1016976