The Senior Security Operations Engineer is a front-line member of the Security Operations team that has responsibility for protecting corporate technology assets. The Engineer will help monitor for problems and determine and execute appropriate solutions. This position will utilize multiple complex tools to assist in their daily duties and will interact with external vendors who help provide these tools and solutions.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineer, implement, administer, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Coordinate planned change windows, and log results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Info Systems Management or other related degree preferred; high school diploma/equivalent required
- 5+ years’ experience in an information technology role, including experience with security-related systems and solutions required.
- Advanced understanding of how to identify and prioritize security incidents and escalate to management or other team members
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Advanced understanding of end-user technology and proven troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to systematically assess a problem or situation to accurately identify probable causes and solutions.
- Advanced understanding of a broad range of IT disciplines that would impact overall security posture.
- Advanced understanding of IP-based networking and networking components, including monitoring tools.
- Proficiency in relating complex technical situations to non-technical customers.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work streams.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.