#MC – 23297
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Duration: 6 Months+
- Software Engineer in Test (Sr. SET) is the subject matter expert w/in the project team making applications more testable & develops software to support testing efforts.
- SET has good written & verbal communication skills; & able to interface efficiently w/ all of the support groups, other QA groups & dev groups in working independently w/ minimal oversight. Sr. SET exhibits quick learning abilities in picking up/mastering new concepts- maybe business, technical & process oriented.
- Assist Manager and Lead in identifying automation opportunities and testability challenges with the application, identifying project risks, and implementing process changes and efficiencies.
- Develops and implements designs for automated testing framework.
- Develops software for the testing framework.
- Interface and communicate with internal teams and external support groups.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining SDLC artifacts and facilitating artifact reviews. Ensure team members are complying with SDLC process.
- Understands testing methodologies and support test efforts.
- Required: 3+ years of experience in core Java technology and multi-threading.
- Experience with Cucumber or a similar framework.
- Effective Communication Skills with both Dev's and QA's.
- Preferred: Messaging Protocols like FIX, Ansible, Docker, Swarm/Kubernetes, and/or Jenkins.