Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is hiring a Systems Engineer with SIEM expertise to join our team supporting the Government Customer's Computer Network Defense (CND) Program. The dedicated professionals supporting this effort develop a variety of security solutions for U.S. Intelligence Community Customers. We provide mission-focused end-to-end systems engineering and analytic expertise to enhance operationally deployed systems, guide the acquisition of complex systems under development, and architect systems and technologies of the future. We provide solutions that respond efficiently and effectively to customer requirements by providing our systems engineering disciplines. This approach yields outstanding program execution, which translates directly into mission success.
- Coordinate the Engineering, Integration, and Administration Functions required to successfully deliver capabilities and services to the enterprise.
- Ensure that all aspects of the projects are completed and delivered according to the implementation plan and schedule.
- Support exploration and emerging technologies by arranging demonstrations, providing technical evaluations, and input to the customer's roadmap development
- Respond to corporate requests as required
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with an active polygraph
- Must possess an active DoD 8570-compliant cyber certification at IAT Level II or better (customer requirement--no exceptions; please note Security CE is the only Security cert that is DoD 8570-compliant--the previous Security "for life" cert is not DoD 8570-compliant
- Bachelor Degree and 0 - 1 year experience required; experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable
- Must have an understanding of cyber-based threat techniques and procedures to compare industry related events, exposures, and incidents with open source and gathered intelligence research to determine threat capability and intent, and the potential impact of the threat on customer network architecture and operations.
- Experience performing engineering, integration, and administration support required for successful delivery of capabilities and services to an operational baseline.
- Knowledge of COMM's Change Request and Request For Change Processes
- Willing to travel occasionally and may be required to provide support at contractor sites.
- Experience configuring, installing, and hardening network security appliances, such as malware, IDS/IPS solutions
- Competent with command line operating systems including UNIX and Linux
- Familiar with ICD 500-27 and ICD 503, Operating System and Application Patch Management, Test Plans and Procedures, accreditation of systems, and lifecycle management and enterprise networking and security
- Installation and configuration of Windows and Linux Servers
- Bachelor's degree is desired
- Familiar with Configuration and Administration with Enterprise SIEM and experience in the Integration of multiple SIEM tools into a Single Architecture
- Working Knowledge of Operating System Auditing (both Syslog and Window Event Log) preferred
- Familiar with Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) and the AWS Console
- Familiar with Amazon Machine Instruction Generation and Testing
- Ability to provide periodic Status Updates and Technical Presentations
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: