Job ID: 2113755 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
Job Description: Join a winning team! SAIC's National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) systems engineer architect to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working across multiple Directorates and Offices to identify and define future space capability needs
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and external stakeholders
- Identifying and defining future space capability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing strategies in support of IC and Department of Defense (DoD) architectures
- Assessing the performance of current and future architecture concepts
- Providing technical and programmatic guidance to the architecture and system level requirements process
- Developing architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 20 years of relevant experience with 10 being at the Chantilly IC Customer
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Proven experience with technical fundamentals in IC space collectors, command and control, mission control, and mission processing
- Expert-level proficiency with use of architecting to support senior level enterprise decision making
- Proficiency with architecture tools and frameworks (e.g. DoDAF, UAF)
- Proven experience with the use of architecting across IC
- Architecture domain understanding from a holistic enterprise perspective
- Ability to recommend space enterprise architecture tradeoffs, impacts, and advancement
- Proven experience in development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Expert-level understanding of core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Experience with lifecycle readiness from System Requirements Review through system decommissioning
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Experience with IC customer's Request for Change (RFC) process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Experience in Cameo, and SysML applications
- Prior US military and/or IC customer experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.