SAIC is currently seeking candidates for a Sr. Cyber Security Threat Hunter - Tier II SOC Analyst, supporting one of our federal customers in Vienna, VA.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a key team of cyber security professionals here at SAIC, supporting full life cycle cyber security operations for our customer.
We are seeking an individual that can bring security analysis and incident response experience to support daily operations and help grow and mature our current SOC environment.
As a Cyber Threat Hunter you will be responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations, creating new detection methodologies, and provided expert support to incident response and monitoring functions.
The focus of the Threat Hunter is to detect, disrupt and the eradication of threat actors from enterprise networks.
To execute this mission, the Threat Hunter will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies.
You will also directly support the Security Operations Center by applying analytic and technical skills to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response.
General SIEM monitoring, analysis, content development, and maintenance.
Research, analysis, and response for alerts; including log retrieval and documentation.
Conduct analysis of network traffic and host activity across a wide array of technologies and platforms.
Assist in incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts.
Compile detailed investigation and analysis reports for internal SOC consumption and delivery to management.
Track threat actors and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
Capture intelligence on threat actor TTPs and develop countermeasures in response to threat actors.
Analyze network traffic, IDS/IPS/DLP events, packet capture, and FW logs.
Analyze malicious campaigns and evaluate effectiveness of security technologies.
Develop advanced queries and alerts to detect adversary actions.
Coordinate threat hunting activities across the network leveraging intelligence from multiple internal and external sources, as well as cutting- edge security technologies.
Design and build custom tools for investigations, hunting, and research.
Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies.
Lead response and investigation efforts into advanced/targeted attacks.
Hunt for and identify threat actor groups and their techniques, tools and processes.
Identify gaps in IT infrastructure by mimicking an attacker s behaviors and responses.
Provide expert analytic investigative support of large scale and complex security incidents.
Perform Root Cause Analysis of security incidents for further enhancement of alert catalog.
Continuously improve processes for use across multiple detection sets for more efficient Security Operations.
Review alerts generated by detection infrastructure for false positive alerts and modify alerts as needed.
Develop dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc.
Provide forensic analysis of network packet captures, DNS, proxy, Netflow, malware, host-based security and application logs, as well as logs from various types of security sensors.
A passion for research, and uncovering the unknown about internet threats and threat actors.
Ensure the SOC analyst team is providing excellent customer service and support.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance before start date
- US Citizenship is required
- 5+ years of relevant cyber security experience in IT Security, Incident Response or network security with strong knowledge working in a Security Operations Center
- BA/BS degree is required OR an additional 6 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years experience with the incident response process, including detecting advanced adversaries, log analysis using Splunk or similar tools, and malware triage.
- 3+ years experience with creating automated log correlations in Splunk or a similar tool to identify anomalous and potentially malicious behavior.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards and report building.
- Strong analytical and investigation skills & active threat hunting and adversary tracking.
- Working knowledge of security architectures, devices and threat intelligence consumption and management.
- Working knowledge of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation.
- Working knowledge of lateral movement, footholds, and data exfiltration techniques.
- Experience with Netflow or PCAP analysis.
- Track record of creative problem solving, and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Experience and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS technologies, proxy technologies, and antivirus, spam and spyware solutions.
- Convert intelligence into actionable mitigation and technical control recommendations.
- Knowledge of the underlying logic that security alerts are built upon and apply them when analyzing raw logs and creating new dashboards and alerts.
- Knowledge of typical behaviors of both malware and threat actors and how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS, HTTP, and SMB.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills as well as attention to detail as we well as strong collaborative skills and proven ability to work in a diverse team of security professionals.
- Perform memory analysis and malware analysis
- Experience with computer exploitation methodologies
- Experience as a government contractor
- CISSP or GCIA/GCIH is preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting Date: 2019-05-09 08:29:06 UTC
Primary Location: VIENNA, VA 22182 US
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job