Description Job Description: Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security SOC Analyst Tier II
Functions of this role include:
• Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC.
• Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by Tier 1 analysts.
• Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
• Defining protocols and maturing 'playbooks' of operational response to cyber threats
• Working within the playbooks as defined
• Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
• Participate and lead SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
• Provide teaching / mentoring to SOC Tier 1 Analysts
• Must be US Citizen. Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Top Secret acceptable).
• SOC TIER 2: 3+ years experience within specific security disciplines (ie forensics, email security, monitoring + detection, mobility, etc.)
• In depth understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
• In depth understanding of operational requirements and impacts of working within a FISMA High System.
• CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification.
Typically requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos,
we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business
is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits
of working for a world-class employer.When you join Leidos,
you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
External Referral Bonus: Eligible External Referral Bonus $:
2000 Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Rotating Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Cyber Operations Pay Range: