Description Job Description:
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos,
we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business
is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits
of working for a world-class employer.When you join Leidos,
you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"Leidos...We strive to make the complex clearLeidos is seeking a Cyber Security SOC Analyst Tier II
Functions of this role include:
• Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC.
• Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by Tier 1 analysts.
• Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
• Defining protocols and maturing 'playbooks' of operational response to cyber threats
• Working within the playbooks as defined
• Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
• Participate and lead SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
• Provide teaching / mentoring to SOC Tier 1 Analysts
• Must be . Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Top Secret acceptable).
• SOC TIER 2: 3+ years experience within specific security disciplines (ie forensics, email security, monitoring + detection, mobility, etc.)
• In depth understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
• In depth understanding of operational requirements and impacts of working within a FISMA High System.
• CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification.
Typically requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Rotating Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.