Leading Web Services and E-Commerce company seeking a full-time Software Development Team Manager
to complement our growing team in Madison, Wisconsin.
Acquired by Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) on April 21, 2021, NIC is a leader in digital government solutions and payments, partnering with government to deliver user-friendly digital services that make it easier and more efficient to interact with government. NIC and Tyler are united in their mission to empower public sector entities to operate more efficiently and connected more transparently with their constituents and with each other.
NIC Wisconsin helps Wisconsin government entities Web-enable their information services. Our electronic government solutions use technology to increase efficiency and reduce costs for governments and their constituents.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team as a development team manager. This position will be responsible for the implementation of new leading-edge Web/mobile/e-commerce applications. The selected candidate will be part of a strong development team and will be responsible for translating complex business requirements into functional web-based applications throughout all stages of the SDLC.Management Responsibilities:
More Job duties:
- Manage a team of Developers
- Provides direct supervision to team members’ individual performance as well as performing semiannual staff reviews
- Develop the technical aptitude of your development team by providing
- hands-on coaching and mentoring to the development team
- Build and maintain professional relationships with the Project Managers and project team to plan and execute software projects, enhancements and maintenance activities
- Owner of the health and success of the projects maintained by the assigned team
- Functions as the technical point of contact for our partners
- Responsible and accountable for application architecture, development
- and maintenance of systems and software for the assigned team while
- consulting with the Director of Development as well as your peers.
- Provides technical write-ups and presentations to partners and
- management, as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring technical documentation is created and maintained
- Contributes to and adheres to standard operating procedures
- Ensures application meets all security requirements
- Identifies potential development issues that impact the project or portal and escalates to the Director of Development and Project Manager as appropriate
- Evaluate opportunities for technical advancement of product architecture
- Ensure that development teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively establishing accurate estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Lead planning and sequencing of the execution of developer’s work
- Contribute to annual business and budget planning
You will definitely need all this:
- Plan, review, and perform analysis, design, coding and implementation of simple to more complex internet and e-commerce applications using Microsoft technologies
- Design and implement relational databases.
- Maintain confidentiality and security throughout entire work cycle.
- Investigate operational or systematic problems and user queries as required
- Collaborate with other Development Managers to keep NIC WI current and teams informed as well as contribute to shared code libraries.
- Ensure development quality and testing procedures are in place and enforced within the team.
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- 5 years of experience in developing web applications with a strong knowledge of C#, .Net Core, ASP.NET and MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of database design methods and techniques
- Experience in implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with MVC, Entity Framework, Dependency Injection Framework
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies a plus
- Experience working with GIT
- Experienced in unit testing using MS Test and TFS
- Experience building secure web applications – user authentication, role-based access control, n-tier architecture, data encryption, input validation techniques
- Able to manage concurrent high priority projects
- Good communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of security methods and procedures
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and creative
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment maintaining agreed upon timelines while producing extraordinary work
- Passionate about what you do
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation